Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
10-08-2012 11:49 AM
10-08-2012 11:58 AM
Maybe get it now, use and PIF, then maybe you'll get a CLI and you'll be able to put it on your card at 0% interest!
10-08-2012 12:01 PM
I have opened all my accounts within the past two months. I am in the garden and really don't want to app for anything but.......I will need to buy a new riding lawnmower next spring and they always have the 18 month no finance deal going on that I would need to use. So should I apply now and let the card grow between now and then or wait until then to apply? I know the mower will be between 1500-2000.00. I want a good limit so that does not max it out. Take the hit now and let it grow or wait til spring? Suggestions???
I'm usually all for NOW!
But based on all your accounts are less than 60 days old and you have what 3 or 4 GE cards? I would WAIT!! If you use those GE cards a little each month or a lot in one purchase and then payoff in 2 GE is known for nice AUTO CLI at month 3-5 and then from then on you can request every 6 or so through automated... I would let all your new GE cards get the first auto and if you for whatever reason don't see an auto, do the request on the 6th month (ask for a lot!) the system will counter, might even be worth a manual review which is always SP) then wait 1 month for that to update... 2 if you can, then apply for Lowes and the second you apply either let empoyee call in and do manual review for SUPER HIGH (they give 1, ask for 10, they give 5, ask for 20!) or you have phone number with you and call or do at home on computer and call saying you are going in to look at mowers and laundry or what not... they will give higher
10-08-2012 12:21 PM
10-08-2012 04:21 PM
I would wait until closer to spring or at least the holidays! Lowes denied me after I had approvals from Walmart, USAA for some really super nice lines. They use their own internal scoring system and are not as liberal as some of the other GE cards.
10-08-2012 04:57 PM
10-08-2012 07:27 PM