Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's??

Hi,

I just closed on my house yesterday and picked up my keys today. Is is safe to apply for a Lowe's account today? (Of course, we will use our account responsibly)

My credit scores are Equifax 644 and TransUnion 690

Should we apply in-store or on the website? My wife and I made $110,000 combined last year. What kind of credit line should expect if we get approved?

Thank you!

-Mariachidude

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lowe's??

don't think it makes a difference with Lowes for in store or online and once you close your good to go on credit... congrats
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied for the Lowe's card online and was denied :-( I could close on a home mortage yesterday but can not get approved for a Lowe's card today?!?!? Is there a manual review for Lowe's or am I just SOL? Very dissapointing :-(

-Mariachidude

Message 3 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

IMO, any store card (brick and mortar store, that is) should be applied for in-store.  That avoids ID verification problems, among others. 

With Lowe's in particular, I had problems with the online app...so did other people at that time, according to an in-store manager who processed my app and many others (according to her) because of glitches in their system.  But this info is several years old, and at the time I applied, it was GE Capital Finance (now it's GE Money Bank) which processed the Lowe's cards.  Don't know if they are the same company, just different names.  Probably.

At the time I applied in-store (and approved), they had no record of my online app, either, which I had submitted that same day.

Just my experience here, I'm not advising anything other than what I wrote in the first line, above. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.