Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowed Denied - Help?

tag
rredstick9
Valued Member

Lowed Denied - Help?

I want to get a new fridge and wanted to apply for a Lowes card and it was decline.  No reason why yet.  Is there a person or special number I can get to overturn that?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lowed Denied - Help?

@rredstick9 wrote:

I want to get a new fridge and wanted to apply for a Lowes card and it was decline.  No reason why yet.  Is there a person or special number I can get to overturn that?

Unfortunately, if it was system-declined no.  The only time you can reconsider an application if it's pending verification status.  However, they would have had to have given you a number at the store (or online) to contact them to continue processing the application.

Message 2 of 3
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowed Denied - Help?

@FinStar wrote:

@rredstick9 wrote:

Unfortunately, if it was system-declined no.  The only time you can reconsider an application if it's pending verification status.  However, they would have had to have given you a number at the store (or online) to contact them to continue processing the application.

I'm one of the lucky souls who gets a letter from their verification department. They mail a letter to the house, or you can pre-empt it with the number given by the store. Basically there's a verifier that calls and provides a short code. You get back on the line with the GECRB Risk Department and give them the code for an approval. If you're approved, you then call the Credit Solutions (see sticky) to request the line of credit you really needed because initial CL may be $500-$800.

I've had this happen several times with GECRB...  TJX, TRU, WM, Lowes...  Now that I know the deal, I app first, then go to the store.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.