Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower APR Request

tag
londonhogfan
Contributor

Re: Lower APR Request

Congrats on the lower APR!

Could I get some more information on your request? How do you go about doing this?

Online chat, email, call, etc? Did they have to do a HP?

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 11 of 18
wche
Regular Contributor

I made the request through their secure message on the citi website. I basically asked if it was possible for them to lower my APR. I mentioned that I paid my bills on time 100% since I opened the card. Plain and simple and no HP!

Just make sure you say you do not authorize a HP for the request. I forgot to mention that in the message, but I confirmed it with the rep via online chat that no HP was made. Good luck!

Message 12 of 18
londonhogfan
Contributor

Great. Thanks for the info.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 13 of 18
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Very informative.Thanks

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 14 of 18
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the decrease! My citi card has had an APR of 29.99 despite perfect payment history since I opened the card nearly 8 years ago. I started with an apr at less than half that, then they increased it in late 2009.

I think I will try by sending a message, since my calls always result in "your account is not eligible for an apr reduction at this time".

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 15 of 18
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Very, very informative. Congrats on the APR decrease. I guess I'll be doing the same, after my 2% decrease is finalized? I think I got .50% off thus far. Would be nice if I could expedite the process.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 16 of 18
wche
Regular Contributor

I'll shed some history of my card:

Citi Forward opened in 11/2009 with $3000 CL. Used monthly reporting average of $300-500. Requested first CLI in 2011 (SP) to $3500. Second CLI (I forget if it was auto or requested) to $5000. Third CLI last year to $5800 (took a HP for that...). Put a balance transfer on that card for $3500, which expires next month. At the time I requested the APR decrease, I was at 33% util due to the unpaid balance transfer. Perfect history on this card otherwise.

This was really YMMV. I requested one for my dad's Citi card, which was opened in 1995. Perfect payment history. However, he has been carrying a balance near his limit for a year. Paid off that balance and then asked for APR reduction, but was denied.

Message 17 of 18
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the lower APR!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.