Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower Interest Rates

tag
joy1979
Valued Member

Lower Interest Rates

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with getting their APR's reduced. I've called up almost every one of the card companies that I have and no one will give me a reduction. I just don't understand that. Please let me know how you all are doing with this. Thanks.
"When you know better you do better"
Maya Angelou
Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Lower Interest Rates

The CCCs are hurting, there will be waaaay more rate increases than decreases
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USBank lowered mine about 5 months ago to a fixed 1.9 for 9 months but everyone else has been increasing rates.
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

The CCCs are hurting, there will be waaaay more rate increases than decreases
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife tried to get three of hers lowered, and they all said no.

WaMu - 31.99%

BOA - 30%

Gap Visa - 21.99%

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joy1979 wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with getting their APR's reduced. I've called up almost every one of the card companies that I have and no one will give me a reduction. I just don't understand that. Please let me know how you all are doing with this. Thanks.

Last month, I got a notice from Citi that they were raising my APR on my Diamond Preferred card. When I called and complained, they LOWERED the rate by 1.25%.

Yesterday, I called Juniper and they shaved 7% off the APR of my card with them.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@joy1979 wrote:

Last month, I got a notice from Citi that they were raising my APR on my Diamond Preferred card. When I called and complained, they LOWERED the rate by 1.25%.

Yesterday, I called Juniper and they shaved 7% off the APR of my card with them.

Shaved off 7%?! Eek, what was your rate before that?

I don't even use a card that is over 7%. My cards that I use are 5.9 and 6.9.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joy1979 wrote:

Shaved off 7%?! Eek, what was your rate before that?

I don't even use a card that is over 7%. My cards that I use are 5.9 and 6.9.

Who said I was using it? How do you think I got the rate reduced?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.