Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Approved!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Lowes Approved!

I applied last night and didn't get instant so was thinking they tried to pull EQ (I have now froze) but I saw all the posts that only TU had ever been pulled for anyone else, Called in and they transferred me to security or whatever and I had to answer 4 multiple choice and then instantly approved for $500, my lowest of my GE app spree lately but that will be fine, I just wanted to be able to purchase my hepa filters for my air purfier that is from Lowes, they are about $80.... I'm still at least 2 years out to think about buying realestate so by then I should have a nice CL with Lowes!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes Approved!

Congrats.... The started me with 400.00 next increase was in three months to 1150.00 so it does grow!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 10
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I think Home Depot gives out higher limits, but that still is a great start.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! It's a good card. I love the 5% discount at the register that we get with DH's card. And it should grow with you nicely. They started DH at $300, then in 3 months raised him to $600, and then 4 months later to $4600, which is where it's at now. Good luck, and my yours grow quickly, as well. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would like to pick his card up in 2012 sometime.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm actually so surprised that Lowes decided to pair up with American Express for a outside of store credit card vs. adding the Visa line like so many other GE cards are starting to offer... That would have been much better... I don't quite know why anyone would want a Lowes Amex... I don't think most of the everday shoppers for Lowes want to rack up points or something for store purchases and have no finance options? maybe I missed something or they have changed.

Message 6 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm actually so surprised that Lowes decided to pair up with American Express for a outside of store credit card vs. adding the Visa line like so many other GE cards are starting to offer... That would have been much better... I don't quite know why anyone would want a Lowes Amex... I don't think most of the everday shoppers for Lowes want to rack up points or something for store purchases and have no finance options? maybe I missed something or they have changed.

Is it like GE branded American Express like they do with Walmart/Discover?

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

No they actually partner with American Express, that's why I don't get it... you already have GE issueing store personal, business and major purchase accounts why wouldn't you just have GE add a Amex version of the card vs going with a whole different lender for this product.

Message 8 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

No they actually partner with American Express, that's why I don't get it... you already have GE issueing store personal, business and major purchase accounts why wouldn't you just have GE add a Amex version of the card vs going with a whole different lender for this product.

I guess thats kind of like Amazon, they use chase for there Visa I belive and GE for there store card

Message 9 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I would like to pick his card up in 2012 sometime.

Me too. I have a lot of home rennovation going on and more in 2012. Would be good if they give me a nice CL but then again my app addiction mind is elling me to go for it now.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.