Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Approved !!

tag
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Re: Lowes Approved !!

The app free thing isn't completely true. I applied and closed within three months of opening two new credit card accounts and had 4 inquires within my 12 month period. My scores aren't that great due to mistakes a few years back but you def won't get shot down for a mortgage for a few inquires( but less is better). Lenders may request a letter of explanation for them. Lenders don't want ppl applying for credit in the middle of the mortgage process though. But as always every case is different.
Message 11 of 28
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I know, i know

I did it because early next year, i need a new mortgage so i will have to stay 12 months inq and app free prior to a mortgage.

CL 5700 <--- becomes my second highest CL

Ping me if you need help to stay app free... Nothing for me for this year too!

And, nice CL.  Smiley Happy

So let's see, it is a GE backed card which means for me:

1. Instant deny if I apply on line.

2. Go to store, app there, get approved.

3. Wait a week, get the card, and enjoy my new $500 limit!!!

LOL - congrats on the card!  NOW STOP!!!

Ray

Thanks...

A man need one of these card for his tools ...lol that sounded so macho

Ray im surprised that you dont have this one.

But seriously it was a toss between the Target Card and the Lowes. I spend way more at Lowes than Target. And it's GE so I can request another CLI in 4-6 months for a soft pull.

Seriously I will get bored now but i need to stay on track with no app.

We do not have a Lowes that close to us. Home Depot is very close so I have their card instead. As for the Target card, I have their regular store card and their Visa. I use the Visa for all of the Target purchases for the 5%. But, I do not use that card for anything else. Back in the day, they had a decent point system if you had their Visa. That went away long ago...

You are right, Lowes will grow as my new Walmart Discover will. So it's all good! GE has been good to me on CLI's in the past too...

Should we start our own "mini garden club"?  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 12 of 28
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Scope27 wrote:
The app free thing isn't completely true. I applied and closed within three months of opening two new credit card accounts and had 4 inquires within my 12 month period. My scores aren't that great due to mistakes a few years back but you def won't get shot down for a mortgage for a few inquires( but less is better). Lenders may request a letter of explanation for them. Lenders don't want ppl applying for credit in the middle of the mortgage process though. But as always every case is different.

Thanks for the input (sigh of relief). Smile back on.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

I know, i know

I did it because early next year, i need a new mortgage so i will have to stay 12 months inq and app free prior to a mortgage.

CL 5700 <--- becomes my second highest CL

$5700 right off the bat? Wow! Nice bit of shrubbery to add to your garden. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Now, 12 full months of watering, and fertilizing, and weeding... Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 14 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@Scope27 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I just want to be on the safe side knowign how the lenders nitt pick Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:
We do not have a Lowes that close to us. Home Depot is very close so I have their card instead. As for the Target card, I have their regular store card and their Visa. I use the Visa for all of the Target purchases for the 5%. But, I do not use that card for anything else. Back in the day, they had a decent point system if you had their Visa. That went away long ago...

You are right, Lowes will grow as my new Walmart Discover will. So it's all good! GE has been good to me on CLI's in the past too...

Should we start our own "mini garden club"?  Smiley Happy

Ray

At least over here Lowes seems to have more promos that HD. Plus spending $2000 and getting 5% back seems good.

So no lowes close to you?

The WM credit analyst said ot wait 4-6 months to request CLI

We are still welcome in the Garden Club right??

Message 16 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

$5700 right off the bat? Wow! Nice bit of shrubbery to add to your garden. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Yes it was instant. I tried to call and try to more (greedy I know) but no joy

But  i will be in the garden for a while now. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Yes it was instant. I tried to call and try to more (greedy I know) but no joy

But  i will be in the garden for a while now. Smiley Happy

Awesome CS!!!! Killer CL as well.

I'm taking note of this thread, NO more apps for you for one FULL year, I'll be watching you!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Super Congratulations my Friend!

Message 18 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm taking note of this thread, NO more apps for you for one FULL year, I'll be watching you!!!!Smiley Very Happy

I got my WM card not long ago and was given $1500 instantly.

So while doing this one, i was thinking i was going to get the same (bring GE) or less. I literally had to stare at my screen to make sure i wasnt dreaming

This CL surpases my BCE, my Freedom and even my USAA AMEX

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my WM card not long ago and was given $1500 instantly.

So while doing this one, i was thinking i was going to get the same (bring GE) or less. I literally had to stare at my screen to make sure i wasnt dreaming

This CL surpases my BCE, my Freedom and even my USAA AMEX

I am so glad for you CS, you deserve it.

I am also looking to purchase a home in the next year in a half or so.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.