Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes CLI

With all of the Sychronny mess going on are people still able to call credit solutions immediately after approval to get a CLI on their Lowes card? If so, what kind of limit should I ask for?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowes CLI

You are one brave soul... I would ask what your credit exposure is with them already..?  Can you really not live with what they gave you for a while?

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not applied yet, waiting til we close on our house. I currently do not have any Synchronny cards but I've heard they usually give you a low CL at first.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over 700 TU score, over 10k. Have a bunch of cards with that bank? Balances reporting on other accts? you should reconsider. If you don't then asking for more for home projects I don't see a problem but I'm not in charge.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah not having any synchrony cards give the painfully low starting limit, but they do grow after several months. So buy new locks, some plants in the meantime until you can get it to grow.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, when calling credit solutions you can ask for an extremely high number (higher than you'll ever need/want) and they will always counter you with the most you can possibly get.  Your scores are right about 700, so I'd imagine they'd give you around $10k... so I'd ask for $15k if I were you.

With scores around 725+ the sky is the limit with a Lowe's card.

I was approved with a 730-something score for $3000.  I called credit solutions and immediately got it bumped to the $30k that I asked for.  I probably left money on the table, but $30k is more than enough.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, when calling credit solutions you can ask for an extremely high number (higher than you'll ever need/want) and they will always counter you with the most you can possibly get.  Your scores are right about 700, so I'd imagine they'd give you around $10k... so I'd ask for $15k if I were you.

With scores around 725+ the sky is the limit with a Lowe's card.

I was approved with a 730-something score for $3000.  I called credit solutions and immediately got it bumped to the $30k that I asked for.  I probably left money on the table, but $30k is more than enough.

Is it best to apply in store and then call the number while standing there? We will need washer/dryer, refridgerator and other odds and ends. I was thinking they pull Equifax instead of TU?

Message 7 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Op, I applied in November. Revolving balances around 85k and scores somewhere in the 710s that month. I applied online, got approved for like $4k, then immediately called the overseas (important!) credit solutions line, asked for $25k and they countered with $17k. I had just recently increased my Amazon by about $8k so that may have played into it also. Immediately called Citi to close my Home Depot card after that. They pulled TU for me (I am in MA obviously).
Message 8 of 22
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I'd ask for 25k. Hubby's TU is 697 and Lowe's gave him 17k.
Message 9 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Op, I applied in November. Revolving balances around 85k and scores somewhere in the 710s that month. I applied online, got approved for like $4k, then immediately called the overseas (important!) credit solutions line, asked for $25k and they countered with $17k. I had just recently increased my Amazon by about $8k so that may have played into it also. Immediately called Citi to close my Home Depot card after that. They pulled TU for me (I am in MA obviously).

^^^ This is a great data point.  Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it best to apply in store and then call the number while standing there? We will need washer/dryer, refridgerator and other odds and ends. I was thinking they pull Equifax instead of TU?

There are pros and cons to each... some people prefer to apply in the store since if there are any ID issues they can take care of it on the spot, while others prefer to apply from home. 

Also, if you apply from home (online) it's usually a TU HP, while if you apply in the store you might (?) be more likely to get a HP on EX.  I don't recall reading/hearing about them pulling EQ, but I suppose that's possible, too.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.