Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes CLI

There are pros and cons to each... some people prefer to apply in the store since if there are any ID issues they can take care of it on the spot, while others prefer to apply from home. 

Also, if you apply from home (online) it's usually a TU HP, while if you apply in the store you might (?) be more likely to get a HP on EX.  I don't recall reading/hearing about them pulling EQ, but I suppose that's possible, too.

Ok, I might need to apply in store then. The furniture store that we are getting most of our furniture from pulls TU so I'm trying to keep it spread out instead of everyone pulling the same bureau. You are right, I meant to say EQ Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, the vast majority of Lowe's online app HP's are to TU.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't worry about spreading out HPs. How does your TU score compare to the other two? If your TU is higher, I'd apply online as they would have the best chance of seeing your top score.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you're approved, call credit solutions and ask for $35K.  That is the max they'll do before asking for POI.  If they won't give you amount they will counter.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn't worry about spreading out HPs. How does your TU score compare to the other two? If your TU is higher, I'd apply online as they would have the best chance of seeing your top score.

All 3 scores are the same. I thought it would hurt approval chances if the card issuer saw multiple inquiries within a short time frame (1-3 days).

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I apply online will they give me a account number that I can use in store or would I need to wait until the card arrives in the mail?

Message 16 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I know they do give a temporary card in-store. On-line it should be the same.
Message 17 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I know they do give a temporary card in-store. On-line it should be the same.

+1

Regardless of how you apply, if you go to the store with picture ID they should be able to look up your account number (they've offered for me in the past).  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All 3 scores are the same. I thought it would hurt approval chances if the card issuer saw multiple inquiries within a short time frame (1-3 days).

A few inquiries IMO are never a big deal.  Unless there are a ton of them, it's usually a non-issue.

I would never base my app around where I was taking the inquiry.  It's all about the product, not the inquiry.

Message 19 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yes, when you apply online they give you your card number on the same screen as the "Congratulations!" I used that when I called. Make sure you write that down or otherwise save it, as I never saw it anywhere else until I got my card.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.