Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Card

tag
physicist82
Regular Contributor

Lowes Card

If we ever by some miracle manage to close on our house we plan on applying for a Lowes card. We want to take advantage of 0 percent offers and the 5% off normal things. They also have the best cheapest fridge that we looked at and an awesome price on washer/dryer right now. 

If we apply in store do they call to submit the application like Best buy does. Or do we fill out an app and then the computer tells us. 

If they give us a low limit and we want to see if we can get more so that we can do other projects around the house besides appliances do I take the back door recon number with me or will they have something with a phone number on it that we call right there?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowes Card

I applied online so not sure about the in store process.

But FWIW, I applied online and got a instant approval for a low amount. I immediately called and told them I needed more for the purchase I had planned and they accomodated my needs.

Also,with an online app, you'll have an option to print out a temporary card. So you can shop online or go straight to your local Lowes minutes after approval. Which is what I did.  just make sure you print out that temp card with full account number before you go though.  It takes a while for everyhting to show up in the system and they need that full number, otherwise they wont be able to locate your account.

I would imaging applying in store would let you use it right then and there as well.

And you should be able to call in and ask for more right after in store approval as well. I just found it easier to do all online.

By default they give you a choice of 5% off or 6 month at 0%.  But don't forget that they do have specials sometimes throughout the year of 12months 0% or 18months 0%. Maybe worth looking for if planning a large purchase.

One more thing.  If you get enough for the initial prurchase I wouldn't worry about asking for more. Chances are in 3 1/2- 4 months time you'll get a nice auto CLI anyway.

Message 2 of 9
physicist82
Regular Contributor

@CenturyChild wrote:

I applied online so not sure about the in store process.

But FWIW, I applied online and got a instant approval for a low amount. I immediately called and told them I needed more for the purchase I had planned and they accomodated my needs.

Also,with an online app, you'll have an option to print out a temporary card. So you can shop online or go straight to your local Lowes minutes after approval. Which is what I did.  just make sure you print out that temp card with full account number before you go though.  It takes a while for everyhting to show up in the system and they need that full number, otherwise they wont be able to locate your account.

I would imaging applying in store would let you use it right then and there as well.

And you should be able to call in and ask for more right after in store approval as well. I just found it easier to do all online.

By default they give you a choice of 5% off or 6 month at 0%.  But don't forget that they do have specials sometimes throughout the year of 12months 0% or 18months 0%. Maybe worth looking for if planning a large purchase.

One more thing.  If you get enough for the initial prurchase I wouldn't worry about asking for more. Chances are in 3 1/2- 4 months time you'll get a nice auto CLI anyway.

Thanks, we may just apply online to not have to deal with the hassle of doing it through a csr 

but I did see something when we were looking at washers that said an extra 10% off if you get the lowes credit card so applying in store for that may be worth it

Message 3 of 9
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Yea, something like that may need to be in staore at the time of purchase.

Message 4 of 9
physicist82
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if the Lowes card is inquiry sensitive and who they pull? 

Our mortgage lender hard pulled our credit during UW instead of softpulling it and then they pulled EX twice. So now there are 9 inq in 2 years. 4-5 of which have been within 30 days. 

Message 5 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i had 24 inquiries when i applied and was approved so i would say no they do not care all that much about inq

Message 6 of 9
physicist82
Regular Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

i had 24 inquiries when i applied and was approved so i would say no they do not care all that much about inq

Guess not, lol. Do you remember who they pulled?

Message 7 of 9
btswamper

Lowes pulled tu when I apped online. Was given a initial $300 limit. After the 4th statement was cut I called credit solutions and my credit line was increased to $8,000 with a soft pull.

Message 8 of 9
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Lowe's pulled Transunion only for me and all requests for increase have been sp only. My card started with a $300 limit and current cl is in my sig.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.