Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Card

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowes Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Got the email today DENIED....oh well...

But the good news is I was approved this year for a $10k personal loan with my credit union, for overdraft protection with my regular bank, a credit card with Monroe (which services my car) and I am now one year in my house with my mortgage I obtained with USDA so I guess I can live with the one denial, though it is dissappointing.

Sorry to hear that. But congrats on your personal loan through your CU. Thats another thing I wanted to do with my local CU, apply for a CC and see if they can work with me. I think I will stay inquiry free and work on cleaning up my reports and then try.

Message 21 of 29
laz98
Senior Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

i've noticed el paso, texas seems to be different from the rest of the freaking state!  LOL!

You folks are a bunch of weirdos out there! Also part of the state that has a diff time zone from the rest of us. LOL, just kidding. I'll play nice. Smiley Happy

I keep on thinking about applying for that Amazon card, but too much store cards is not a good thing. Or is it...hmm..

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

everyone jokes that el paso is the new mexico part of texas Smiley Very Happy

i must confess, almost all of my credit cards are store cards...if it wasn't for those 2 AUs....

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never gotten approved for any GEMB  cards that i have applied for on line.  However i got instant approval for them when i applied in the store. you have to wait 30 days before you can apply again but if you really want the card, give it a try. LOWES is building  a brand new store about a mile from my house and i may apply once its open esp since HOME DEPOT CLOSED MY ACCT .

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a Lowe's card this morning and just confirmed that they pulled TU for me here in West Texas.

Message 24 of 29
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I'm not a fan of GEMB.  I had a Lowes card with a limit of $500.  I closed that and later on applied again because of the 10% off and got approved for only $1500.  I maxed it out almost immediately and paid it off just as fast.  They won't give me a CLI and I shop there ALL the time including them redoing my entire kitchen and having several carpet installs with them.  I'm thinking of closing this card too.  It served its purpose.

(As a side note, GEMB lowered my Paypal from $2000 to $100 in the past so I do have a slight grudge against them Smiley Tongue.  I ended up closing that account.  They're also double reporting it on my CRs.)

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I am not quite understanding here that maybe someone  can help me with....

Why is it that GEMB cards get so many declines online yet re-approvals when someone applies in store?

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I am not quite understanding here that maybe someone  can help me with....

Why is it that GEMB cards get so many declines online yet re-approvals when someone applies in store?

The identity check is easier when they see you and your driver's license in person Smiley Happy. Plus, they know you want to buy something there at that moment.

Message 27 of 29
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

I know this is an old thread.  But I was wondering if anyone knew if they (Lowes/GEMB) are using TU04 or TU98.

Thanks

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 28 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Should be TU, maybe EQ. All of my GECRB accounts (4) have been TU other than CareCredit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.