cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes / GEMB slashed my credit line to practically $0...

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes / GEMB slashed my credit line to practically $0...

Yip - GEMB is notorious for that.  Three years ago I got several accounts with them - Lowes, Chevron, PayPal, JCP, Walmart, Amazon - Within 6  months or so ALL cards except JCP (which gives great CLI) were either significantly CLD, but the Lowes was flat out closed presumably because I had not used it.  Still amazes me that the Chevron account is open on my CR when I have yet to use it.   I JUST got my Amazon  and Walmat back to the original CL, which was not much in the first place - and since slashing pay pal down to a mere $160.00 more than a year ago - I finally got it up to $285.00 last month.

It is unfortunate to hear what happened - but GEMB likes to you see you using their card and carrying a balance.  I have  been getting CLIs from them lately, but only on cards that have a balance - and it is at the every 6 month point as opposed to 4 months that was commonly reported here. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.