cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Project Credit LIne Which Is Better Applying In Store Or On-line?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes Project Credit LIne Which Is Better Applying In Store Or On-line?

I  need to get some new flooring and was interested in getting the special financing offered by Lowe's for projects.  The interest rate is reasonable which makes it afffffordable. My credit score is around 700 with one very old bankruptcy still showing. The bankruptcy will fall off in February 2017. Are my chances better applying in the store or through the website.  I am looking to be approved for about a $2500 credit line.  I have 3 other credit cards 2 Capital One 1 Merrick Bank all with a zero balance.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's Again

If I apply on-line and only get a $500-$1000 credit line how do I get them to increase it?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowe's Again

Cograts on your new home per the mortgage thread.  If you get approved, you can go online and hope on chat to request an increase but there are no guarantees the limit will be raised.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes Project Credit LIne Which Is Better Applying In Store Or On-line?

It does not matter where you apply thus, whethe in the store or online.  It depends on what you are omfortable with. Neither location[store or online]  has any influence on the outcome of the appliation. It all comes down to your credit profile.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help. Today was really the first day we had a chance to spend any time at the new house. We have been trying to clean most of the day and get the flooring measured to see what I need to do. I need a cheap way to replace the kitchen and bathroom floors they are really old and are showing their age.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Immediately after you apply and get approved, call Credit Solutions and request a CLI.  If you get approved for $1500 they'll probably raise your limit to $10k or so which will be plenty for what you are looking to accomplish.  A 5-10X CLI isn't uncommon for new Lowe's accounts if you call them and ask for an increase.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is Credit Solutions? I have seen other mention it but have no clue what it is.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind figured it out and got CLI from $800 to $2000 by calling them.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Never mind figured it out and got CLI from $800 to $2000 by calling them.  Thanks!

Congrats on the CLI! 

FYI... that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Smiley Wink  Once your TU scores are 730+ you'll be able to get your Lowe's much, much higher.  My own Lowe's has very humble beginnings, and my credit line is now $20k (which is all I asked for... I might could have got more). 

When your BK falls off in February give CS a call back... I think you'll be very happy with the outcome.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the above post.  My score was about 730 at the time I applied for Lowe's and I was approved for $3k and 5 minutes later called and got it raised to $30k.  I'm confident I could have asked for $35k which many have reported getting on here with a score around what mine was at the time.  A 730+ score gets you whatever you want with Lowe's.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.