Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Question

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Lowes Question

Need a new washer & dryer. I've been really wanting the Lowes card for both personal and business use for a long time so this might be a good excuse. Any thoughts on which Lowes card would give me the highest CL (business or personal)? My dang TU FICO is still only hovering around 703, despite 6 years perfectly clean credit since 07' BK. My current 5 year old business has 15 open trade-lines, some of which are reporting positively to D&B. Never been late on a business payment.

Anyways, they are going to make me personally guarantee the card anyways, regardless of whether I apply for the business card or personal card, correct? That said, are the probabilities of an approval and higher CL better applying via the business, or personally? Would like at least $2,000 CL.

Thanks ahead of time!

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes Question

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Need a new washer & dryer. I've been really wanting the Lowes card for both personal and business use for a long time so this might be a good excuse. Any thoughts on which Lowes card would give me the highest CL (business or personal)? My dang TU FICO is still only hovering around 703, despite 6 years perfectly clean credit since 07' BK. My current 5 year old business has 15 open trade-lines, some of which are reporting positively to D&B. Never been late on a business payment.

Anyways, they are going to make me personally guarantee the card anyways, regardless of whether I apply for the business card or personal card, correct? That said, are the probabilities of an approval and higher CL better applying via the business, or personally? Would like at least $2,000 CL.

Thanks ahead of time!

I don't have an answer to your first question - but to the second yes - you will be personally guaranteeing the card - whether business or personal.

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Thanks ahead of time!

If you want it for both personal and business and you have a need I would nail both personal and business apps back to back online.

Don't worry about what you are instantly approved for although with a 700 I think you are going to be pretty good but it is not uncommon to see instant approvals for under $2k with lowes and then a quick call to credit solutions saying I was looking to redo my kitchen and I need $25k and BOOM 2 minutes later you have it.

so apply, call credit solutions and we can help you with the number if you can't find it in backdoor threads and you can have a manual review done for a much larger CLI, they will counter if they won't give you full amount asked, that's why you should always ask SUPER high on lowes and home depot.

I have only seen 1 business lowes post lately and they did a call to credit solutions and went from $5k to $40k I think so you could be good test to apply for both and then make 2 different calls for a manual review CLI and ask for $25k or even more if you like on each card and see which one you get higher on!

SERIOUSLY Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Hey, thanks Credit Addict.

However, I really don't want 2 accounts. I was just wondering which option would have the better probability for a higher CL. My business does have a $5,000 CL (about a year old) at Amazon and they are GE as well, so maybe going the business route would be better.

Speaking of Amazon, the business account I have with them is a NET 30 corporate account. Everytime I order something and use my corporate account, it says "your cart is eligible for a financing offer. No interest for 12 months with the Amazon store card." Except when I click on the 'Apply' button the application window says: "your credit report must be clear of bankruptcies." This is weird because not only do I already have a NET 30 corporate account through GE, but I also have an 18 month old Walmart card.

I thought GE was BK friendly!

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Hey, thanks Credit Addict.

However, I really don't want 2 accounts. I was just wondering which option would have the better probability for a higher CL. My business does have a $5,000 CL (about a year old) at Amazon and they are GE as well, so maybe going the business route would be better.

Speaking of Amazon, the business account I have with them is a NET 30 corporate account. Everytime I order something and use my corporate account, it says "your cart is eligible for a financing offer. No interest for 12 months with the Amazon store card." Except when I click on the 'Apply' button the application window says: "your credit report must be clear of bankruptcies." This is weird because not only do I already have a NET 30 corporate account through GE, but I also have an 18 month old Walmart card.

I thought GE was BK friendly!

1. then I would agree and go business.

2. I would not worry about your bk as they are very bk friendly and that is a weird statement for GE!

Message 5 of 8
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Ya! I just posted the question on a new thread so we'll see what people have to say about it. THANKS AGAIN!

Message 6 of 8
IWOL
Established Contributor

I was able to get a Lowes Business card without a personal gurantee.

When you apply in store for the business card there is a box you can check to apply with or without a personal gurantee.

They gave us a starting limit of $15,000 on the business card. The business is 7 years old and has quite a few tradlines on D & B.

You can try to apply without the personal gurantee and if declined, then apply with the guarantee. For the business card they offer Lowes Buiness as well as a Lowes Business AMEX card that I belive is issued by Centurion bank and not GE. If you apply for the Amex then you will it will be personally guranteed.

Message 7 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

just to let you know, lowes gives 10% off to veterans thus negating the only real positive i could see in their card....the question is do you know a veteran.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.