Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes: You sneaky little %$@#&*€

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes: You sneaky little %$@#&*€

^^^^This is what I'm talking about. I think they're playing with us!
Message 21 of 31
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

^^^Agreed. When I asked Walmart (Synchrony Bank) to report my zero balance, the CSR said they are under no obligation to report every month! It just seems like it is a policy to report balances but not zero balances. Not very fair IMO.

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not fair at all!
Message 23 of 31
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Even if your statement closed, Synchrony will report the balance when they update to the bureaus NOT the statement balance. They caught me once when I thought I was safe.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have always reported statement balance for me on all cards but since we are talking and Sync... I am not at all surprised. Had you just paid off your balance when this happened?
Message 25 of 31
elim
Senior Contributor

bummer!

same here, i use the 5% on large purchases instead of 0% finance which gives me 7 weeks to pay it off with no interest. Lowes cut a day late and then i had 3 weeks to pay it off before that lovely 25% interest hit.  I pulled it off but, when we manage so many accounts it kind of blows when they throw us for a loop (similar to Chase mid cycle reporting... what the heck is that about?)

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've heard Chase doing this. The balance on my Freedom is never high so I wouldn't mind. I do feel this was a sketchy move on Syncs part though. From what I am hearing, they seem to do this alot. I'm not sure why they can't be like every other CCC and specify a date in which your statement will close. Cap 1 and Barclays- 3 days later, Chase it's always on the 3rd, Home Depot- 2 days later. This 9 day stuff is for the birds.
Message 27 of 31
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I hadn't used the card and decided to put a purchase on it after statement closing. Logged in and saw the next month's due date. Minimum owed was 0.00..so it closed. Proceeded to make a $110 purchase. Days later, got an EQ alert that a balance increased by a certain amout. It was Walmart.
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... that's insane! I just don't understand their reasoning behind this and I guess we'll never know.
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
I hadn't used the card and decided to put a purchase on it after statement closing. Logged in and saw the next month's due date. Minimum owed was 0.00..so it closed. Proceeded to make a $110 purchase. Days later, got an EQ alert that a balance increased by a certain amout. It was Walmart.

Lowes did this to me when I first got the card but even more extreme. The card reported 0 balance to the CRA's. I got the new account alerts here on myfico. Then I used the card to buy about $200 in tools and it re-reported. In one week it reported twice. I didn't sweat it but it was strange. Sears did that to me too. Reported twice when I first got the card. Maybe it's more commonplace than I thought when it's the first month reporting?

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.