cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes (discover) trip just saved $600+ with myfico tips. Thanks forum members.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes (discover) trip just saved $600+ with myfico tips. Thanks forum members.

Just thought I'd share my recent trip to lowes.   I am reshingling my roof on the old homestead.  I went into my local lowes and gathered all my materials.   Went to checkout armed with my discover it card, lowes card and military id.  

Total came to 2972.84. After military discount and lowes discount on shingles because i got so many.  I ended up paying 2359.25.  

1500.00 went on Discover card (5% doubled in one year.  150.00)

859.25 went on lowes card (6 month 0% interest)

Already have the money set side to pay for all this.  So I'll pay off discover as soon as it posts.  Might take advantage of the 0 interest for a cpl months tho, lol. 

Only using 15% of lowes util.  

I'd never have known to ask for the double cashback on my existing discover card or known to call credit solutions to get my lowes credit limit increased without the great advice from my fellow forum members.  Thanku all so much.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes (discover) trip just saved $600+ with myfico tips. Thanks forum members.

STANDING OVATION… that the proper way to do things. If you have a thousand bucks in your wallet use that credit card deposit in bank pay it off , come online and brag, repeat.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes (discover) trip just saved $600+ with myfico tips. Thanks forum members.

Excellent work, my friend!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just thought I'd share my recent trip to lowes.   I am reshingling my roof on the old homestead.  I went into my local lowes and gathered all my materials.   Went to checkout armed with my discover it card, lowes card and military id.  

Total came to 2972.84. After military discount and lowes discount on shingles because i got so many.  I ended up paying 2359.25.  

1500.00 went on Discover card (5% doubled in one year.  150.00)

859.25 went on lowes card (6 month 0% interest)

Already have the money set side to pay for all this.  So I'll pay off discover as soon as it posts.  Might take advantage of the 0 interest for a cpl months tho, lol. 

Only using 15% of lowes util.  

I'd never have known to ask for the double cashback on my existing discover card or known to call credit solutions to get my lowes credit limit increased without the great advice from my fellow forum members.  Thanku all so much.

Nice!! Looking forward to my trip to Lowe's for vinyl fence materials. I'll be spending close to $5k.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.