cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

@Duncanrr wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Well...Home Depot card is backed by Citi. Lowes is backed by GECRB. You'll probably have a better time with Lowes than Home Depot, IMO.

I have Walmart Discover with GECRB.  Ive been wanting to app for Citi Forward card.  Wondering if apping for Citi backed HD would be a good way to setup relationship with Citi so I could app for their card after refi in 8 months?

I doubt it. A lot of people thought they would get on Discover radar with Walmart Discover. Citi can kick rocks as farrrrr as I'm concerned. I applied to their card several times and they always deny me for stupid reason. They even have stupid reasons when you call to recon! I have Chase freedom now...GO away Citi! Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 59
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1 maidengirl... Citi can kiss it... the only card I'd consider app'ing for them is the Diamond... LOL... but that'd only be for the 0% for 18 mos, which I don't need lol as most of my cards are already at 0%...Citi always denied me in the past; they aren't worth it atm. OHH maidgengirl, you want that Forward card!!!!! :-P

Citi was SO RUDE to me on my recon back in like Jan of this year, even with a 670+ FICO... my only reason for denial was bc of a PD CO for $280 back in like '06- it was even on my CR disputed as a fraud account (which it was/is).

GECRB and DFS (Disc Fin Svcs) are not related LOL

ooo speaking of that!!! I got the new Walmart Discover design in the mail the other day... looks more legit without "Walmart" scrolled across the card HAHA

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 59
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

My vote is for Lowes, GE is much better for CLIs, no HPs, and about every 4 months.  Just make sure you don't go drapping!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

+1 maidengirl... Citi can kiss it... the only card I'd consider app'ing for them is the Diamond... LOL... but that'd only be for the 0% for 18 mos, which I don't need lol as most of my cards are already at 0%...Citi always denied me in the past; they aren't worth it atm. OHH maidgengirl, you want that Forward card!!!!! :-P

Citi was SO RUDE to me on my recon back in like Jan of this year, even with a 670+ FICO... my only reason for denial was bc of a PD CO for $280 back in like '06- it was even on my CR disputed as a fraud account (which it was/is).

GECRB and DFS (Disc Fin Svcs) are not related LOL

ooo speaking of that!!! I got the new Walmart Discover design in the mail the other day... looks more legit without "Walmart" scrolled across the card HAHA

LOL. I wanted it but eh...not anymore. I really just wanted a VISA something and decided hey lets try citi b/c I liked their Forward line features but they have been tough to get approved for. They are bothered by everything on your CR. Last I applied which was a few weeks ago, it was denied due to too many inquires...from 2010... -_- When I was auto loan shopping..

Message 14 of 59
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL@ shogun.

Why not?

We've established that drapping is where it's AT!

ahha

:-P jk

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

You got the Walmart Discover already? Mine has the Walmart logo on it. It isn't orange. I know some people have the orange card and it's Discover...

Message 16 of 59
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

a denial for that really is just stupid!!!! Oh well, who wants to deal with outsourcing, bailouts, and bad CSRs anywho? lol

*sad to see the 5% CB on gas/restaurants go from Chase Freedom* :-(

Message 17 of 59
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well... I have a real Discover(got it last week), and I got upgraded to the Walmart Discover back in May...

I noticed the walmart.com/credit website has the orange design on there, so I called to inquire if I would be getting a new card; they were rude and said my card was good til the expiration date on the card LOL.... so I just requested a replacement card online to see if I'd get the new orange design, and I did.... lol took like three days for it to get here... I also live in the same state as where the card is shipped from (Texas)....

If you want the orange one, just request a replacement online!! :-) It actually looks like a real Discover btw...

Message 18 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Well... I have a real Discover(got it last week), and I got upgraded to the Walmart Discover back in May...

I noticed the walmart.com/credit website has the orange design on there, so I called to inquire if I would be getting a new card; they were rude and said my card was good til the expiration date on the card LOL.... so I just requested a replacement card online to see if I'd get the new orange design, and I did.... lol took like three days for it to get here... I also live in the same state as where the card is shipped from (Texas)....

If you want the orange one, just request a replacement online!! :-) It actually looks like a real Discover btw...

Hehe no need. I have a real Discover only my card is red with a flower (thank god) LOL. I still have yet to use my Walmart Discover card. It's blue and sparkly. Ha! It's funny that you live by the shipping site and it takes 3 days...that seems long.

Message 19 of 59
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I called Amex. They couldn't add home pack. Guy wet through all the steps read out the disclaimer ad was like, oh this is odd. They must be working on the packs. I can add it at this time.

I then told him that I read the card is being cancelled and he had no knowledge of it. Why are these CSR so clueless? Doesn't AMEX let them know what's going on?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.