cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

I know, this forum makes it even harder to garden.

Too much talk of shiny plastic. Since I joined, I have opened an Amex Hhonors and a Chase Freedom.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 31 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Just read the thread title again. Sorry about the change of topic haha.

How about niether card? Just put the purchases on a good prime rewards card and pay in full.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 32 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I know, this forum makes it even harder to garden.

Too much talk of shiny plastic. Since I joined, I have opened an Amex Hhonors and a Chase Freedom.

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 33 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?

Message 34 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

Message 35 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

How about we both just garden for 6 months.

Message 36 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Agreed. Lol.

Message 37 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Agreed. Lol.

@Anonymous aspects of the Chase Freedom caused you to stray? They approved me for $5k @ 23%, but denied me the interest free period.

Message 38 of 59
mkm77
Regular Contributor

For me, GE sucks. Have no idea why but I NEVER  get an increase from them other than Care Credit who eventually gave a nice increase. I have had a Lowes card with a $600 CL for 3 years...Will not increase it. Strangly though GE seems to give me a card whenever I apply however. Currently I have 5 cards. Probably ran about 4K minimum through there with no CLI. Home Depot went from 1K to 5 K in 6 months.

Message 39 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Agreed. Lol.

@Anonymous aspects of the Chase Freedom caused you to stray? They approved me for $5k @ 23%, but denied me the interest free period.

Well I had only been app free for 23 days. My inital plan was to wait for UTIL to go down (at 24%) before applying at the end of the year. I really just want to sock drawer my CAP1 card. I really wanted a main prime card that will grow with me and I feel Freedom will do that. Plus they have a nice cash back program. I'm done applying for cards now!! LOL.

Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.