cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

Home depot has lot of deffered interest deals as well.   I just got a Home Depot and was amazed that they gave me $7K limit.

Have a few drinks and apply for both.   Then you can report on which is better.  Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 59
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Wolfie, you know I can't drapp right now.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

+1 maidengirl... Citi can kiss it... the only card I'd consider app'ing for them is the Diamond... LOL... but that'd only be for the 0% for 18 mos, which I don't need lol as most of my cards are already at 0%...Citi always denied me in the past; they aren't worth it atm. OHH maidgengirl, you want that Forward card!!!!! :-P

Citi was SO RUDE to me on my recon back in like Jan of this year, even with a 670+ FICO... my only reason for denial was bc of a PD CO for $280 back in like '06- it was even on my CR disputed as a fraud account (which it was/is).

GECRB and DFS (Disc Fin Svcs) are not related LOL

ooo speaking of that!!! I got the new Walmart Discover design in the mail the other day... looks more legit without "Walmart" scrolled across the card HAHA

Citi declines me too.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 23 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I think Citi denys us all. I'm waiting for a pre-approval offer to come in the mail from them so I can wipe my butt with it...LOL. As the saying goes...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 24 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I think Citi denys us all. I'm waiting for a pre-approval offer to come in the mail from them so I can wipe my butt with it...LOL. As the saying goes...

They don't like our short history.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 25 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Funny you say that. Citi has never written that in any of their denial letters. LOL. It's usually..."too many inquires". I wish they would tell me they didn't like my credit history so I can super RECON. Ha.

Message 26 of 59
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

I ggot a bigger LOC at home depot...Smiley Happy

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 27 of 59
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I doubt I'll have a HD card in the near future.  They were included in my BK.

I wonder if having one or two GE cards makes it more likely to obtain others from them? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 28 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Funny you say that. Citi has never written that in any of their denial letters. LOL. It's usually..."too many inquires". I wish they would tell me they didn't like my credit history so I can super RECON. Ha.

Too many inqs will do it too...haha

Your major cards look pretty new as well.

Message 29 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Too many inqs will do it too...haha

Your major cards look pretty new as well.

That they are Smiley Very Happy I didn't really start applying for new cards until I got on this forum. I initially had 4 accounts. Since joining this forum...I've opened up 4 more accounts bringing my total to 8. LOL. No more tho.

Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.