Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

I know, this forum makes it even harder to garden.

Too much talk of shiny plastic. Since I joined, I have opened an Amex Hhonors and a Chase Freedom.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Just read the thread title again. Sorry about the change of topic haha.

How about niether card? Just put the purchases on a good prime rewards card and pay in full.

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

I know, this forum makes it even harder to garden.

Too much talk of shiny plastic. Since I joined, I have opened an Amex Hhonors and a Chase Freedom.

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Valued Contributor
Dustink

maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Valued Contributor
Dustink

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

How about we both just garden for 6 months.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Agreed. Lol.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Agreed. Lol.

What aspects of the Chase Freedom caused you to stray? They approved me for $5k @ 23%, but denied me the interest free period.

Regular Contributor
mkm77

For me, GE sucks. Have no idea why but I NEVER  get an increase from them other than Care Credit who eventually gave a nice increase. I have had a Lowes card with a $600 CL for 3 years...Will not increase it. Strangly though GE seems to give me a card whenever I apply however. Currently I have 5 cards. Probably ran about 4K minimum through there with no CLI. Home Depot went from 1K to 5 K in 6 months.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Agreed. Lol.

What aspects of the Chase Freedom caused you to stray? They approved me for $5k @ 23%, but denied me the interest free period.

Well I had only been app free for 23 days. My inital plan was to wait for UTIL to go down (at 24%) before applying at the end of the year. I really just want to sock drawer my CAP1 card. I really wanted a main prime card that will grow with me and I feel Freedom will do that. Plus they have a nice cash back program. I'm done applying for cards now!! LOL.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+