Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes or Home Depot

tag
NYKnicks65
New Contributor

Lowes or Home Depot

Good morning forum, I am about to close on my new home and wanted to know if Lowes or Home Depot are BK7 (discharged 05/08/16) friendly and if so, do you know what the mininum score required might be? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes or Home Depot

My wife has a Home Depot card, her BK is a little over 3 years post discharge and she never burned Citi.  She was approved for $500 SL, immediately reconned to $7,000.  All of her scores in the low 700+ range.  I have a Lowe's card, approved for $700 SL immediately reconned to $6,000.  My BK is about 2.5 years post discharge and my scores are all 680-700 range.  My home just closed in early September and has yet to report.  I would recommend Lowe's over HD as in my experience Synchrony will scrutinize the BK less than Citi will.  However, depending on your scores after discharge you may not get a large approval either way.  Best of luck and congrats on the house.

***edited as I haven't had enough coffee this morning and my spelling abilities are suffering...

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NYKnicks65 wrote:

Good morning forum, I am about to close on my new home and wanted to know if Lowes or Home Depot are BK7 (discharged 05/08/16) friendly and if so, do you know what the mininum score required might be? Thanks!

Just noticed you're 5 months post discharge and you qualified for a home loan?

Message 3 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYKnicks65 wrote:

Just noticed you're 5 months post discharge and you qualified for a home loan?

I was just thinking the same thing.  How did you manage to qualify for a home 5 months post bk7?  Was that a typo??

Anyhow, I personally agree with Jaws, I believe that Synch will be easier to qualify for.  They are definitely bk friendly.  Congrats on the house!

Best Credit Wishes to You!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 8
NYKnicks65
New Contributor

LOl!! I'm sorry.. It was early and I didn't have amy coffee either!! That was supposed to be 05/08/14!!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes more sense.  I'd still say try Lowe's.  They price match each other and aside from Husky vs. Kobalt, their in house brands, they offer essentially the same products.  If you happen to get a military discount, Lowe's is a bit better in that regard as well.

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lowes get sp clis where as HD are usually hpsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, with respect to your original question of being BK friendly, I'd suggest a search engine look at the credit pulls database and search for each of the cards you are considering.  In the comments section for both approvals and denials you may see that certain people had a BK on their file and can see if they were approved or denied with it, along of course with their score at the time.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.