Lowest APR card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowest APR card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure the Simmons card actually even exists.  It seems like the Holy Grail of credit cards.

Only thing I've seen are rumours that Ron might have gotten one.

If we try hard enough we can get Nixon to app for it.

Hey nixon........

LMAAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

I have a Simmons.  I know a lot of people said the application is crazy, but I literally did nothing.  I just applied and got a decision a few days later.  I did not have to submit proof of income, etc.

Are they generous with limits?

They are visa signature cards, so the lowest starting limit is $5k.  I was given $12k to start, and that was when my score was around 760.

Sweet! Putting them back on my list! I had taken them off because I kept hearing their app process was tedious! Do you remember what bureau they pulled?

I just looked at credit karma and it was TU.   the open date on the card was may 5, 2015.

Niiiiccceeee!! My clean report! Smiley Very Happy Oh boy oh boy! Lol

Bad Baller, Bad Baller!  Must resist Smiley Happy.. Honestly they honestly don't have anything on CU's these days IMO.  Just a "I made it" to good credit factor is all I seeSmiley Happy

Yea I know. Simmons has been like the Holy Grail for many of us here. When I first started rebuilding it was my goal card to say I finally made it. Not only a low apr but also because it's so elusive and hard to get. But, I'm gardening the rest of the year. Wayyyy too many new accounts! 😞

Didn't Simmons used to be a fixed rate card, some years ago?  I wonder if as the prime rate goes up within next several years, if Simmons may eventually become a fixed rate card again, if only b/c if they don't, the APR of their cards will be raised as prime rate increases, which would potentially make them look less lucrative?

Message 42 of 44
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

I have a Simmons.  I know a lot of people said the application is crazy, but I literally did nothing.  I just applied and got a decision a few days later.  I did not have to submit proof of income, etc.

Are they generous with limits?

They are visa signature cards, so the lowest starting limit is $5k.  I was given $12k to start, and that was when my score was around 760.

Sweet! Putting them back on my list! I had taken them off because I kept hearing their app process was tedious! Do you remember what bureau they pulled?

I just looked at credit karma and it was TU.   the open date on the card was may 5, 2015.

Niiiiccceeee!! My clean report! Smiley Very Happy Oh boy oh boy! Lol

Bad Baller, Bad Baller!  Must resist Smiley Happy.. Honestly they honestly don't have anything on CU's these days IMO.  Just a "I made it" to good credit factor is all I seeSmiley Happy

Yea I know. Simmons has been like the Holy Grail for many of us here. When I first started rebuilding it was my goal card to say I finally made it. Not only a low apr but also because it's so elusive and hard to get. But, I'm gardening the rest of the year. Wayyyy too many new accounts! 😞

Didn't Simmons used to be a fixed rate card, some years ago?  I wonder if as the prime rate goes up within next several years, if Simmons may eventually become a fixed rate card again, if only b/c if they don't, the APR of their cards will be raised as prime rate increases, which would potentially make them look less lucrative?

No.  It's been variable AFAIK.

According to a CardTrak Low Rate Survey (inclusive of those dating back to1995 - published by RAM), it's always been variable.   Even during the 90's (since i know you are stuck in nostalgia Smiley Very Happy Signet Bank used to be the lowest at 7.46% (even below Simmons 9.75%).   Signet Bank was later acquired by Capital One.  Both CCs (like the majority of fixed rate competitors of the time, had AFs associated with those products whereas the higher APR ones did not.  We're talking when Visa Gold and Gold MasterCard where still considered a high level of creditworthiness.  Very few "rebate" card programs were available as compared to today's cornucopia of rewards programs.

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit union based in WA State WSECU is 7.94% that's by far my best. $5000 SL last month.
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.