Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest possible Apr?

tag
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Lowest possible Apr?

I don't have much knowledge of how Apr's differ from Bank cards to Store cards. Looking into the lowest possible Apr's for my own accounts and others I'm thinking about attaining in the future. Does anyone know the lowest Apr rates for

Capital One QS Mastercard

Banana Republic Visa

Sams Club Mastercard

Eddie Bauer Store Card

The Limited Store Card

Not sure if Fico stores would make a difference in the rates but there at the bottom. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Lowest possible Apr?

Store cards usually only offer ONE variable APR, and it's usually in the 25.99%+ range.

Bank cards have a range of APRs, which vary by credit product and can easily be accessed when pulling up the terms for said credit product.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 18
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I believe Cap 1's lowest right now is about 13.49%.

May I ask why on earth you have these godawful Comenity store cards with FICO scores of 780-plus?  Seriously, those are all the worst of the subprime store cards.  You should have a portfolio of A+ cards, not pure crap.

Message 3 of 18
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

I believe Cap 1's lowest right now is about 13.49%.

May I ask why on earth you have these godawful Comenity store cards with FICO scores of 780-plus?  Seriously, those are all the worst of the subprime store cards.  You should have a portfolio of A+ cards, not pure crap.

I'm not exactly sure what "pure crap" your speaking about. Heck, I'm not sure if that is meant to be a compliment about my scores or a insault in lack of taste in A+ cards. Maybe, both ? I have cards from places I frequently shop. 

Message 4 of 18
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Store cards usually only offer ONE variable APR, and it's usually in the 25.99%+ range.

Bank cards have a range of APRs, which vary by credit product and can easily be accessed when pulling up the terms for said credit product.

Oh well that's good to know about Capital One, my current rate is the lowest apr possible. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the most part, at least I kow with Capital One you can go to their site and see what the apr ranges are for the credit cards. Not sure about the store cards though. Yes, your score and overall profile will determine what your apr is.

Message 6 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@LShawn08 wrote:

I don't have much knowledge of how Apr's differ from Bank cards to Store cards. Looking into the lowest possible Apr's for my own accounts and others I'm thinking about attaining in the future. Does anyone know the lowest Apr rates for

Banana Republic Visa

Sams Club Mastercard

Eddie Bauer Store Card

The Limited Store Card

Not sure if Fico stores would make a difference in the rates but there at the bottom. 

Cap1 newer cards I don't believe go below 13% but older cards can be in the 10-12%.

Banana just has 1 fixed rate

Sams has 3 rates with lowest being 19% i think?

Eddie Bauer and Limited only have 1 rate and i believe it's 26.99.

you didn't talk about CLI's but with your scores you can probably call credit solutions for Banana and Sams and ask for $25k and get a counter close to it if not it.

Eddie Bauer and Limited you can call number on back of cards and ask the robo lady for CLI and say no specific amount and keep doing it until she says no.

Message 7 of 18
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Appreciate the posts everyone.

Looks like for newer members of Sam'sClub the Apr can be as low as 14.90%

Capital One has my Apr at 14.50 but it's also nearly 8 years old. I'll probably live chat someone at CapOne and ask about lowering it or maybe something else to sweeten the pot. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LShawn08 wrote:

Banana Republic Visa

Sams Club Mastercard

Eddie Bauer Store Card

The Limited Store Card

Like someone else said, you should be able to get some of the best cards out there with those scores.  That means 0% APR.  I have three 0% cards now (4 if you count my DC with the toy limit).  If you want, you could just apply for a different 0% card every year, and never have to pay interest. There are 21-month 0% promo cards out there, if you look around.

My scores are at least 50 points lower than yours, and my AMEX BCE has about 13% when the 0% promo ends, and my Chase SW has about 15% (was even lower before prime went up)

Message 9 of 18
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Capital One has refused my 2 requests for an increase for the last 4 years...then poof! They refuse my request for a lower apr but give me $1,000.00. Okay, sure why not? Many people here on myfico have told me to cut my loses with Capital One. They said I'd never get past the ominous $4,000.00 threshold, unless I got a Venture. Maybe my extreme politeness to the R.E.P helped or maybe the computer was being friendly today. Who's to know ?

Capital One you can be such a high school drama queen. Am I right or am I right? 

I'm gonna go charm and polite my way into some free food. I mean why not give it a go? A CLI from CapOne happened, so anything is possible  Smiley Happy 

Have a great weekend everyone and appreciate the small victory's!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.