Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowest score amex blue cash approval

was approved last month with 656 EX and no Amex history

Message 11 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

From what I've seen the scores are all over the place. I've seen ED approvals I think as low as like 630 recently. But then others who it would appear are in way better position get declined.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info on the plenti,  will be trying your advice 

Message 13 of 18
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

i have my 640 about two mouth ago i sink no only the CS is you CR to 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

?
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the same thing.

Message 16 of 18
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I tried at 661 and no go. Have a 674 now and havent tried but I would wager it would be a no as well since I can't get a prequal on their site. I would wait. People who barely get in are usually posting the next day about how to get a CLI. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 17 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What's is the lowest scores to get approved by amex blue cash and amex every day

It is never just about score but you can refer to the Credit Pulls Database (Google to find) if desired.  Don't just consider approval.  Your credit profile will also impact the limit, APR, etc that you qualify for.

Identify the issues with your credit profile, address them and then apply.  Don't just rely on what you think might get you in with an approval.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Most won't get in with 650, even if you do you are likely to get stuck with a 1k CL and 1k CL's are harder to get up then 2k, 3k, etc for CLI's from my experience and other stuff I have read as well.

It's not the limit that matters.  It's one's credit profile that led to the low limit..  If the credit profile improves sufficiently the limit will increase.  If the credit profile doesn't sufficenlty improve then there may be no headroom for a CLI.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.