Did you mean: 

Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

Frequent Contributor

Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

I hope I don’t see these pop up in the “approval” section.
Wells Fargo Advisors 78.1k, Navy Federal Platinum 50k, Citi Expedia Voyager 66k, Citi Dividend 22k, Chase Disney 10k, Chase Amazon 32.7k, FNBO CR 24.3k, BB&T Bright 16k, Discover 14k, American Express Green
Message 2 of 21
Frequent Contributor

@wrote:
I hope I don’t see these pop up in the “approval” section.

That's like saying you hope it won't rain in the future.  You know it's gonna happen.

Message 3 of 21
Established Contributor

"CEO Carlos Alberini said, “At Lucky Brand, we are obsessed with a concept we call Customer Centricity. This means that we put the customer at the center of everything we do as an organization."

Barf. Does anyone focus test statements like this before press? Because God that sounds awful. Having been a mid-lower level cog in the Target corporate machine as long as I was I heard an awful lot of statements like these and they never failed to make me vomit in my mouth a little each time I had to cheerfully recite them to a room full of underpaid hourly workers who knew they were BS as much as I did. One of many reasons I keep a big jar of Ativan in my office desk.
Fico8 (Dec '17) - EQ 693(+1) TU 771 (+92) EX 683 (-11)
Fico8 (Jan '18) - EQ 693(+0) TU 776(+5) EX 683 (+0)
Message 4 of 21
Frequent Contributor

@wrote:
"CEO Carlos Alberini said, “At Lucky Brand, we are obsessed with a concept we call Customer Centricity. This means that we put the customer at the center of everything we do as an organization."

Barf. Does anyone focus test statements like this before press? Because God that sounds awful. Having been a mid-lower level cog in the Target corporate machine as long as I was I heard an awful lot of statements like these and they never failed to make me vomit in my mouth a little each time I had to cheerfully recite them to a room full of underpaid hourly workers who knew they were BS as much as I did. One of many reasons I keep a big jar of Ativan in my office desk.

He's a 61 year old 1%'er.  But yea... It's that cool-aid crap that's a real turn off.

Message 5 of 21
Super Contributor

I didn't even know (and still don't really) anything about Lucky brand stuff until last week.  I was in a local Marshall's looking to scoop up a few pairs of jeans and saw a pair of Lucky jeans that looked/felt nice.  The original price on them was $119.99 and they were priced $24.99 so I scored them.  They seem like good quality and all, but I could never justify paying $100+ for a pair of jeans. 

Message 6 of 21
Established Contributor

@wrote:

Generally, corporate blah blah like that *IS* focus grouped.  Maybe not by the company itself, but by the marketing firm the company retains to come up with corporate blah blah.  There's a group out there, probably millenials (because who else is going to spend $100 on a pair of jeans) that *LOVE* the phrase "customer centricity."

Cap1 Venture: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | NFCU CR: $15K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Cap1 Savor: 10K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | Discover IT: $6K | Sportsman's Guide: $5.9K | NRA: $5.5K | Legacy Visa: $2.75K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | Cap1 PS: 2K | Cabela's: $1K

Current Scores: EQ: 725 | TU: 741 | EX: 708

Message 7 of 21
Frequent Contributor

Makes sense, millenials are as dumb as they come these days. 

Disclaimer: I'm a millenial Smiley Happy

FICO 8
1/1/18: EQ 764 | TU 770 | EX 760 (5% ind./1% total util, SSL not yet reported)
1/14/18: EQ 742 | TU 760 | EX 760 (8% ind./1% total util, SSL reported)
2/14/18: EQ 755 | TU 770 | EX 772 (8% ind./1% total util, SSL reported)
Message 8 of 21
Frequent Contributor

@wrote:

(because who else is going to spend $100 on a pair of jeans

Ohh, I was thinking "Cigarette credit card?"

Message 9 of 21
Established Contributor

This is my first time hearing about Lucky Brand.
Now if the Thrift Store started issuing credit cards...I'd be all over that.
Message 10 of 21