cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

Moderator

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

This could be a trouble/big issue for me.. I pretty much only wear lucky brand jeans and shirts or 7 for man kind jeans/shirts which neither are cheap... Be interesting to see the rewards structure of this card.  Their jeans certainly aren't cheap and can go into the several hundred dollar range and their jackets/shirts as well although they can be had from nordstram's rack among other places for a "reasonable" price.  I have just always liked how their jeans and shirts have fit and I stick with what I know..  They have been around over 20 years easily so by far anything not a new brand at all as was wearing them back in high school/college and now I am in my 40's!

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 11 of 21
Contributor

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card


@wrote:

wrote:

(because who else is going to spend $100 on a pair of jeans

Ohh, I was thinking "Cigarette credit card?"


As was I.  Never heard of this company.  Who carries their merchandise?  (Not that I am particularly interested in shopping for it--just general curiosity)

Message 12 of 21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card


@wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

(because who else is going to spend $100 on a pair of jeans

Ohh, I was thinking "Cigarette credit card?"


As was I.  Never heard of this company.  Who carries their merchandise?  (Not that I am particularly interested in shopping for it--just general curiosity)


I was first introduced to them through Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack and picked up a couple pairs on sale/discount.  They're my absolute favorite brand of jeans.  They're incredibly soft and breathe really well.  Then a couple years ago they opened a Lucky Brand Outlet in a outlet mall not far from me and..... well.... that was that.  The only brand of jeans I buy now is Lucky.




Message 13 of 21
Moderator

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

Alot of stores as well in upper scale strip malls, etc.

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 14 of 21
Moderator

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card


wrote:

This could be a trouble/big issue for me.. I pretty much only wear lucky brand jeans and shirts or 7 for man kind jeans/shirts which neither are cheap... Be interesting to see the rewards structure of this card.  Their jeans certainly aren't cheap and can go into the several hundred dollar range and their jackets/shirts as well although they can be had from nordstram's rack among other places for a "reasonable" price.  I have just always liked how their jeans and shirts have fit and I stick with what I know..  They have been around over 20 years easily so by far anything not a new brand at all as was wearing them back in high school/college and now I am in my 40's!


I smell trouble for me too, I've been wearing them for years as well.  Every once in awhile I see a pair in a random clearance rack, but there's usually a reason for them being there Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 21
Super Contributor

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

I would think scoring them at places like Marshall's or TJMaxx would be the way to go, as they don't have any quality issues and are maybe 1/4 the cost. 

Message 16 of 21
Moderator

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card


wrote:

I would think scoring them at places like Marshall's or TJMaxx would be the way to go, as they don't have any quality issues and are maybe 1/4 the cost. 


I usually order stuff on their website that is onsale such as sweaters/button-up/short sleeve polos/shirts/etc....  Usually when they are about 1/2 off.. Way to much personal stress for myself dealing with places like Marshall's or TJMaxx to find something they "might" have..  I suppose time is money for me and rather order online if I can find on sale otherwise as know all their cuts for jeans etc just as easy to order from their site and guarantee I know what I am getting vs. something that might work but a different cut/style from such places as you mentioned.  Obviously everyone is in a different situation what they might or not be able to swallow when it comes to spending on clothing

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 17 of 21
Super Contributor

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

I hear you.  You sound familiar with the product, so ordering online makes sense.  When it comes to clothing, I'm not brand-loyal at all.  I'm sort of old school and need to see it before I buy it for that reason.  Marshall's & TJ Maxx are solid options for me... so long as I go there first thing when they first open in the morning as to avoid any crowds.  That way I can look over everything quickly and get in and out.  The last time I was in Marshall's last week they actually had a whole rack display of Lucky jeans, all of which were $24.99-$29.99 near as I could tell.  That was when I scored my first ever pair.

Message 18 of 21
Established Contributor

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card

Well, hopefully I didn't offend any of you Lucky brand jean buyers with my comment.  Smiley Happy  I *generally* dislike spending so much money on "casual" clothes, because I tend abuse them between playing with my dogs and neices and nephews and such.  If I found them on a discount rack for <$30, I'd give 'em a try!

 

Of course, I'm hooked on Deluth Trading Company wear, so I probably shouldn't talk about Lucky brand.  lol

Cap1 Venture: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | NFCU CR: $15K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Cap1 Savor: 10K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | Discover IT: $6K | Sportsman's Guide: $5.9K | NRA: $5.5K | Legacy Visa: $2.75K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | Cap1 PS: 2K | Cabela's: $1K

 

Current Scores: EQ: 725 | TU: 741 | EX: 708


Message 19 of 21
Super Contributor

Re: Lucky Brand to Issue Credit Card


@DalmusOf course, I'm hooked on Deluth Trading Company wear, so I probably shouldn't talk about Lucky brand.  lol

Yeah, Deluth has some expensive stuff!  My father scored me 7 black under shirts from them over Christmas.  I like wearing them under my work button-downs.  Anyway, they were $30 a pop, or $210 total.  Quite a difference from a Hanes 5-pack for $13.99 or whatever you can get them for!  I must say I do really like the Deluth shirts, but definitely don't value them at 10x the price per shirt over your basic entry-level stuff.

Message 20 of 21