Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv Button??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luv Button??

Can someone explain the Luv Button to me?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Luv Button??

@Anonymous wrote:

Jen,   the luv button is the button you request a credit line increase with.    Most credit card management websites have them

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Don't know why it is called the LUV button as it usually hates me, just saying.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

What goes better than luv and hate?

Message 4 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Chicken & waffles?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Chicken & waffles?

Only if it's Roscoe's

Message 6 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Jen,   the luv button is the button you request a credit line increase with.    Most credit card management websites have them

+1.   For CCCs that allow customers to request CLIs online, the link/button that generates the request is called the LUV button around here.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 9
nyancat
Established Contributor

"luv" button is a particularly irritating (to me) term that some people on here use for the credit limit increase request form (usually starting with a button) and their issuing bank's website. I would like to point out that your card company is not a romantic relationship. They do not love you, or should I say "luv" you. If they deem you worthy of a CLI it is because they feel it will be profitable for them to extend you more credit (or more specifically, they feel the expected additional income is greated than the expected additional loss to doubtful accounts). It is certainly not out of "luv."

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 8 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Requesting luv and getting luv are 2 entirely different things, just saying.  You can call it the CLI button but, again, clicking doesn't guarantee a CLI.

@nyancat wrote:

"luv" button is a particularly irritating (to me) term that some people on here use for the credit limit increase request form (usually starting with a button) and their issuing bank's website.

You're going to have a lot of terms that irritate you as people tend to anthropomorphize creditors (love, hate, generosity, feel, etc).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.