cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv Buttons - inquiry free increases at any of the big banks (Citi-Cards, Chase, BOA)

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Luv Buttons - inquiry free increases at any of the big banks (Citi-Cards, Chase, BOA)

Just got a BoA CLI - 10k to 12.5k with no hard pull.  But, I didn't use the luv button.  I never do because I want the CSR to tell me if a hard inquiry is required.  In fact, within the last 13 mo. I have had three CLI's from BoA starting at 5k, to 7.5k, to 10k, to 12.5k.  Never a hard pull.

I have a 16 mo. 0% BT with them.  I always pay at least 5x the min. payment.  I suppose that helps.

They also soft pull EQ fairly regularly (once every 2-3 mo.)

I have never had a problem with them.  Always get a courteous, knowledgeable CSR.

Hmmmmm . . . I'm beginning to sound like a BoA commercial . . . . . Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Luv Buttons - inquiry free increases at any of the big banks (Citi-Cards, Chase, BOA)

@Itsmeagain wrote:

Just got a BoA CLI - 10k to 12.5k with no hard pull.  But, I didn't use the luv button.  I never do because I want the CSR to tell me if a hard inquiry is required.  In fact, within the last 13 mo. I have had three CLI's from BoA starting at 5k, to 7.5k, to 10k, to 12.5k.  Never a hard pull.

I have a 16 mo. 0% BT with them.  I always pay at least 5x the min. payment.  I suppose that helps.

They also soft pull EQ fairly regularly (once every 2-3 mo.)

I have never had a problem with them.  Always get a courteous, knowledgeable CSR.

Hmmmmm . . . I'm beginning to sound like a BoA commercial . . . . . Smiley Indifferent

Congrats!  Citi is still telling me I have too many new accounts as the reason for no CLI's.  I'm stuck at $4k.

Message Edited by DI on 02-05-2010 09:37 AM
Message 12 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Congrats, DougH!

RE: Citi card:

That "luv button" in the tools dropdown menu should show up every 90 days, like clockwork.  But if a form appears when you click it, do not fill it in, just close the window.  It would be a hard inquiry with the form, as others have said.

Otherwise, try it out every 90 days.  It has never failed for me.

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 02-04-2010 12:17 PM

Yep. Every 90 days. Just got another CLI this morning. The card is now high enough to be very respectable yet not so high that I feel obliged to use it every month. Citi is my fav big bank.

Message 13 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

Mines appeared and never went away. 
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are "luv buttons" ?
Message 15 of 17
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I would explain but the mods would just delete it . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, shoot, we would not! Smiley Very Happy

So-called "luv buttons" are links on your online account that allow you to request a CLI on your card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.