Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv buttons

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Luv buttons

@laz98 wrote:
i don't know why they put them there if you are not going to actually get a CLI!  it's so annoying.

Because it's easier to have it all the time than to dynamically generate a list of who should have it and render the web pages on the fly. Plus the false hope is good too.
Message 11 of 21
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@laz98 wrote:
i don't know why they put them there if you are not going to actually get a CLI!  it's so annoying.

Because it's easier to have it all the time than to dynamically generate a list of who should have it and render the web pages on the fly. Plus the false hope is good too.

wow, that was actually a pretty legitimate-sounding reason!  i wasn't expecting that.  yeah, they keep bursting my bubble Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 21
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Hi thearmofbarlow, just curious how did you raise your score 99 pts in a matter of months? By the way good job.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@favor4me2 wrote:
Hi thearmofbarlow, just curious how did you raise your score 99 pts in a matter of months? By the way good job.

Basically, I got a better job. Smiley Very Happy

My job is highly seasonal. We make really good money around December and I was able to pay off nearly three grand in debt within two months. It took my utilization from around 90% across the board to 0%. I already had an excellent payment history so basically it just went up to where it should have been already, had I not screwed up by buying too much crap. lol

Message 14 of 21
-RED
Regular Contributor

Let's play a love game, play a love game
Do you want love, or you want fame
Or you win the game
Through the love game
-800 or Bust...!
Message 15 of 21
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

For AmEx, there is a link at the bottom of the "Recent Activity" page.
Message 16 of 21
Thunderseven
Regular Contributor

I have BofA myself.  What does the Luv Button look like?
Thunderseven.....TU-8 835 (11/02/2023) EQ-8 822 (11/02/2023) EX-8 828 (11/02/2023) I don't ask for much, the truth will do just fine....
Message 17 of 21
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Thunderseven wrote:
I have BofA myself.  What does the Luv Button look like?
Like this:
Left hand side, below Authorization. Smiley Wink 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 18 of 21
Thunderseven
Regular Contributor

I didn't realize that was the Luv Button.  I have one of those right now.  I think I'll wait a little while longer before trying it out though.  I just received my new Citi card.  Got instant approval with them for a CL of $8,300.00, so I think I'll just work the system for a while and continue to bring my DTI down and my score up.  Thanks for the info.

Thunderseven.....TU-8 835 (11/02/2023) EQ-8 822 (11/02/2023) EX-8 828 (11/02/2023) I don't ask for much, the truth will do just fine....
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thunderseven wrote:

I didn't realize that was the Luv Button.  I have one of those right now.  I think I'll wait a little while longer before trying it out though.  I just received my new Citi card.  Got instant approval with them for a CL of $8,300.00, so I think I'll just work the system for a while and continue to bring my DTI down and my score up.  Thanks for the info.

Which citi do you have? BTW congrats on the new Cl Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.