cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv from CareCredit!!!

Regular Contributor

Luv from CareCredit!!!

Just called in and got CareCredit to raise my limit from $2000 to $4200!!! I'm so excited that they actually approved it because that was the full amount I asked for!! This dropped my overall util from 66% to 55% and dropped the util on the card from ~75% to 36%!!! I know its normally a HP but she didn't say anything about pulling credit and just asked for income and how much I needed and came back instantly and said approved so I'm hoping  the computer said yes and it wasn't a HP but even if it was I'm okay with a HP for more than doubling my limit! I had to come and share because no one else would understand my extreme excitement over this!

 

EDIT: My Citi ID Monitor estimator thinks this will raise my score by ~30 pts! I know its a FAKO but that would still be awesome!

In My Wallet: Amazon (5/2011) $2200 -- CareCredit (9/11) $4200 -- Capital One Green Cash Rewards (01/12) $3000 -- Citi Forward (1/12) $2500 -- Walmart Store Card (1/12) $1100 -- Maurices (8/12) $200

Starting Score: EX 567 9/13/2010
Current Score: EX(FAKO) 639 EQ(FAKO) 628 TU(FAKO) 662 11/13/2012
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!

Congrats they have been good with cli for us as well.
Hit them hard and they will most likely counter.
The fico score increase will be a nice bonus.

GRATS!!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 13
Valued Member

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!

Congrats!!!! I called in yesterday and asked for an increase myself.  I went from 800 to 3300....the total amount I asked for....Unfortunately I took a hp even though the rep never mentioned but I am very happy with the increase.

EQ MyFico: 679 4/19/2014
EX Fico: 687 4/10/2014
Discover Fico: 694 5/4/2014
Walmart Fico: 662 4/5/2014
Message 3 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!


ecballer wrote:

Congrats!!!! I called in yesterday and asked for an increase myself.  I went from 800 to 3300....the total amount I asked for....Unfortunately I took a hp even though the rep never mentioned but I am very happy with the increase.


It normally is... My Citi CMS normally alerts me same day with inquiries and I haven't heard anything yet so I still have my fingers crossed that I might get lucky. I didn't even think about it earlier but they are now my highest CL too! My starting limit was 500 and I had to call for a CLI same day because we needed 800 to get DH's tooth pulled. Then in January I called in and got a CLI from 800 to 2000 (had asked for 3000) and now up to 4200. I have heard some complain about CareCredit but I think I will be keeping it around for a while!

In My Wallet: Amazon (5/2011) $2200 -- CareCredit (9/11) $4200 -- Capital One Green Cash Rewards (01/12) $3000 -- Citi Forward (1/12) $2500 -- Walmart Store Card (1/12) $1100 -- Maurices (8/12) $200

Starting Score: EX 567 9/13/2010
Current Score: EX(FAKO) 639 EQ(FAKO) 628 TU(FAKO) 662 11/13/2012
Goal Score: 750
Message 4 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!


roxy382 wrote:

ecballer wrote:

Congrats!!!! I called in yesterday and asked for an increase myself.  I went from 800 to 3300....the total amount I asked for....Unfortunately I took a hp even though the rep never mentioned but I am very happy with the increase.


It normally is... My Citi CMS normally alerts me same day with inquiries and I haven't heard anything yet so I still have my fingers crossed that I might get lucky. I didn't even think about it earlier but they are now my highest CL too! My starting limit was 500 and I had to call for a CLI same day because we needed 800 to get DH's tooth pulled. Then in January I called in and got a CLI from 800 to 2000 (had asked for 3000) and now up to 4200. I have heard some complain about CareCredit but I think I will be keeping it around for a while!


Are you sure it wasn't a hard pull?  Have you checked both EQ and TU?  I am only concerned because my DGF's carecredit is at $3000 and I want to bump it up for a procedure.

 

Thanks and congrats!

 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 13
Valued Member

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!

Does your Citi monitor TU....they will hp TU for an increase even if they don't state it while asking for a cli.

EQ MyFico: 679 4/19/2014
EX Fico: 687 4/10/2014
Discover Fico: 694 5/4/2014
Walmart Fico: 662 4/5/2014
Message 6 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!

CreditKarma also monitors TU daily and it's free.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!

I am not positive about if it was a HP or not. Citi CMS monitors all three and is normally super quick with alerts about inquiries and here in Indiana CareCredit has always pulled my EQ (when opening and for a prior CLI) so CK won't help. But I will update when I find out for sure!

In My Wallet: Amazon (5/2011) $2200 -- CareCredit (9/11) $4200 -- Capital One Green Cash Rewards (01/12) $3000 -- Citi Forward (1/12) $2500 -- Walmart Store Card (1/12) $1100 -- Maurices (8/12) $200

Starting Score: EX 567 9/13/2010
Current Score: EX(FAKO) 639 EQ(FAKO) 628 TU(FAKO) 662 11/13/2012
Goal Score: 750
Message 8 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!


flowfaster wrote:

roxy382 wrote:

ecballer wrote:

Congrats!!!! I called in yesterday and asked for an increase myself.  I went from 800 to 3300....the total amount I asked for....Unfortunately I took a hp even though the rep never mentioned but I am very happy with the increase.


It normally is... My Citi CMS normally alerts me same day with inquiries and I haven't heard anything yet so I still have my fingers crossed that I might get lucky. I didn't even think about it earlier but they are now my highest CL too! My starting limit was 500 and I had to call for a CLI same day because we needed 800 to get DH's tooth pulled. Then in January I called in and got a CLI from 800 to 2000 (had asked for 3000) and now up to 4200. I have heard some complain about CareCredit but I think I will be keeping it around for a while!


Are you sure it wasn't a hard pull?  Have you checked both EQ and TU?  I am only concerned because my DGF's carecredit is at $3000 and I want to bump it up for a procedure.

 

Thanks and congrats!

 


It was an instantaneous approval with soft for us from 3k to 5.5k over the automated phone system couple of months ago.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!

Congrats! Hopefully it was only a SP!


Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 13