Established Contributor
pattycake

Luv from Lowe's

They more than doubled my CL to $5K.  I told them I needed a fridge and did not want them to pull a hard on my CRB.  We'll see - it may be a hard, but I hope not. 

Anyway, I do need a fridge, REALLY, and plan to use a 0% interest for 12 months coupon I got from HD (Lowe's accepts HD coupons and offers).  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Regular Contributor
tiger67

Re: Luv from Lowe's

They doubled mine on Thursday as well. Will try back again in 6 months.

Regular Contributor
UpNUp

Lowes (GEMB) has been very generous with me. I opened in June, 08 with a starting CL of 2K. After one year and two CLI's (each at 6 months) it is now at 5K.

pattycake:

I didn't know Lowes accepted HD's offers I will keep that in mind. I haven't seen Lowes offer 12 months no interest, no payments lately. Only 6 months.

Thanks for the heads up!:smileywink:

Established Contributor
pattycake

UpNUp wrote:

Lowes (GEMB) has been very generous with me. I opened in June, 08 with a starting CL of 2K. After one year and two CLI's (each at 6 months) it is now at 5K.

pattycake:

I didn't know Lowes accepted HD's offers I will keep that in mind. I haven't seen Lowes offer 12 months no interest, no payments lately. Only 6 months.

Thanks for the heads up!:smileywink:

Yep - I learned that from a Lowe's associate last year when I was looking for the parts for a pool fence.  They told me they accept competitors' coupons, but you have to bring it in.  

When they approved me for the $5K, I was bummed, I bet I qualified for more.  Oh, well, not that I would ever use that much on the card at once.  I only use it to buy paint on occasion, PIF, then use it for the 0% interest promotions.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Regular Contributor
Logical

This is interesting. From the past I remember complaints about the low Lowe credit lines.

BTW, last spring when I was buying a dryer at HD I said if they would give me 12 months I'd take a washer too.

The sales man justified it by saying they were matching Sears.

Competition is good!

Regular Contributor
UpNUp

The first year I had mine I was doing alot and buying alot. Averaged over $500 a month. Always pay in full.

Back in January I bought about a thousand in merchandise. Went to check out. They asked me if I wanted 12 months, no payment, no interest. I said why not. Not due till Feb. 2010. I haven't seen those 12 month offers lately.

Paid $100 a month for six months. Call me crazy if you like, then I paid it off. Hate to owe!

Regular Contributor
Logical

UpNUp wrote:

Paid $100 a month for six months. Call me crazy if you like, then I paid it off. Hate to owe!

Hating to owe is not crazy, that's smart! 

Regular Contributor
UpNUp

Logical wrote:

UpNUp wrote:

I had a dream I was one day late....
Regular Contributor
UpNUp

UpNUp wrote:

Logical wrote:

UpNUp wrote:

I had a dream I was one day late....Better to be 6 m0nths early than one day late!

Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

Congrats on the CLI OP!  They doubled mine from $1,100 to $2,200 last week.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+