Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxury Card (site updated)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Luxury Card (site updated)

I think they must be banking on the word [LUXURY BOLDLY PRINTED ON THE CARD] for such annual fees.  A $995 annual fee? Yeah, Ok.  I am sure there are some takers out there who will pay that amount for a status.

Message 11 of 196
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They have got to be nuts over there.

$995/yr annual fee for mediocre benefits? I am sure the fee is mostly related to the "gold plated" bit.

Gold plating takes the actual value of the card up a handful of cents, quite literally. Not to mention 24K gold is so soft that the face of the card scratches easier than almost anything else they could use. These cards are OFFENSIVE.

May not be nuts.    You don't have to have a whole load of people signing up for the gold card to make a good profit.   And I am sure that there will be some.

Message 12 of 196
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Wow I guess their are alot of not savvy person in this world as this is just awful what they are doing to people IMO.  Makes the Platinum/Ritz/Prestige look like chump change.  They are seriously trying to gouge people badly off of just really "looks" alone and the need to impress without benefits worth much to back it.  Is this actually a Barclays product?

Message 13 of 196
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wow I guess their are alot of not savvy person in this world as this is just awful what they are doing to people IMO.  Makes the Platinum/Ritz/Prestige look like chump change.  They are seriously trying to gouge people badly off of just really "looks" alone and the need to impress without benefits worth much to back it.  Is this actually a Barclays product?

While I agree that this card is ridiculous in comparison to others, you have to admit that there will be a number of people who will get it simply for its looks. How many users on this forum choose a card because it looks nice? I have read numerous threads about people applying for the CSP just because they want the metal card. I am sure there are a few Ritz holders out there as well who got the card just to "show off" how heavy it is. 

Just like another person said, it is a status thing and I am sure they will get enough people to "bite" to make it worth it. 

Still a lame card though for the AF vs benefits. 

Message 14 of 196
ddemari
Super Contributor

Dang, that 995 annual fee gold card is stupid but mannnnn I want it!!!!! I cant justify that annual fee no way haha. 

Message 15 of 196
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

While I agree that this card is ridiculous in comparison to others, you have to admit that there will be a number of people who will get it simply for its looks. How many users on this forum choose a card because it looks nice? I have read numerous threads about people applying for the CSP just because they want the metal card. I am sure there are a few Ritz holders out there as well who got the card just to "show off" how heavy it is. 

Just like another person said, it is a status thing and I am sure they will get enough people to "bite" to make it worth it. 

Slight difference in benefits though from the 95$ AF CSP and 195-995$ version of this card lol.  I agree people will get it.. Just sad Barclay's is doing this.  Wonder if anyone on this forum will admit to applying for it Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 196
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Slight difference in benefits though from the 95$ AF CSP and 195-995$ version of this card lol.  I agree people will get it.. Just sad Barclay's is doing this.  Wonder if anyone on this forum will admit to applying for it Smiley Happy

This^^^^LMAO

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 17 of 196
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they must be banking on the word [LUXURY BOLDLY PRINTED ON THE CARD] for such annual fees.  A $995 annual fee? Yeah, Ok.  I am sure there are some takers out there who will pay that amount for a status.

If you gotta say it's Luxury, it aint luxury!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 18 of 196
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Other than a magazine, doesn't the Titanium copy an arrival in benefits?

Message 19 of 196
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

The only way this card would be worth it for the annual fee is if Barclay's UW department got told by corporate to not take AA on any luxury accounts. That would make the forum happy!

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 20 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.