Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxury Card (site updated)

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Luxury Card (site updated)

Just another data point.. My Best friend knows nothing about credit really or rewards other that what I tell him always wanted the black card although he had the Ritz... Anyways another story AF of Ritz was coming up so he moved the limit to his CSP to make it 80k CSP and decided to apply for the titanium card since he wanted the old black card against my advise anyways said oh btw the card is able to be applied for again he went to site while on phone with him and liked the titanium card and he was its only 200$ so lets give it a go..

He applied and went into pending..  Suprised it wasn't an instant approval I was on the phone with him when he applied gave him the UW # and was on 3 way with him during the call and analyst looked it over and approved it.. Just suprised it wasn't instant approval as this is only his 5th card and only 2 cards in the last two years...

Info:

TU score was 848

Income: 300k+

AAoA > 10 years

SL: 20k

He was kinda mad about the SL and tried to get them to bump it up as his other cards Citi DC is 33k, Ritz was 35k, CSP was approx 45k and another card.. Anyways the UW said he had amazing credit etc, but that is all they would do until he shows some history with Barclay's.

Just another data point about the card and really surprised it wasn't instant.  Just asked what he did and who he worked for and income is all over phone... He got them to overnight it as well although they were refusing to do so at first and he wasn't having any of that.

I did try to talk him out of applying!  I had to listen though when his mind was made up.  So there you go a 20k titanium card approval with a high income and a high credit score..  Barclay's is still conservative.

Message 191 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me and my Wife both got Mailers for these cards today i felt it kind of funny becuase they weigh about 1lb it seems

Message 192 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved today.  Applied on 1/20/16, got letter in mail today requesting additional info, called the number, approved within 5 mins, $18k CL.  Already have Arrival + with $30k CL.  Military member, fees are waived and CSR confirmed that these benefits apply to Gold Card too.  So I'll take the $1000 and 2% cash back and $200 per year for airline with no annual fee.  TU 844.

Message 193 of 196
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 194 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to receiving my luxury card, gold.  So far the only downside has been the time it took for approval. Does anyone have any idea of what the credit limits look like on this card?

Message 195 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

$20K

Message 196 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.