Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACY'S CLD

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: MACY'S CLD

@waqaszm1 wrote:

this is a little confusing --- for the past three weeks i tried to have macy's increase my guide line but each time i was refused because the reps kept saying that i need to wait "6 months". today, i called again and a rep called the credit authorizations dept. while i was on hold ... they raised my guide line by $900. and then the rep said - wait "3" months from your next statement date, in my case i.e. after dec 12- and callback for another raise if possible.

CONFUSED !!!!

Given the described circumstances check carefully for a hard INQ. If you press them for a GLI after they say no they will do that to give it to you. The cycle is three or six months, which ever works for you. The policy seems to be inconsistent, but leaning more toward three months.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-28-2009 12:35 AM
Message 21 of 24
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I'm happy with the $5,300 CL on my Macy's card so therefore, I will not risk losing it.
Message 22 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I'm happy with the $5,300 CL on my Macy's card so therefore, I will not risk losing it.

By doing or not doing what? What is the context of your remark?

Message 23 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@wmarat wrote:
That's true in my case. Used store card 1 time in last 6 mos, cli'd yesterday, an additional 1k to CL.

Some use after a long layoff seems to kick them into gear. That behavior is frequently rewarded. It must spur the system to look at the account in some manner.

I just shopped on line and selected my socks. (Nice ones, too!) All I have to do is go a few blocks down the street, put them on my charge and then immediately pay my account at customer service. I need to get this over with soon!

LOL

Sounds like a better plan than to "sock drawer" the CC.Smiley Happy

OK - the socks I selected on the internet show a retail price of $21 or $20 (same item shown in two different places under two different SKU's, lol) and a "Lowest Price of the Season" of $14.99. I just ran to the store and found the same item on the rack showing a pre-marked list price of $18 (could be old stock at previous price). So being the suspicious sort I took it to the scanner and it read out $12.99. I am getting happier by the minute. Took it to the register to finish the transaction and very nice clerk tells me that they are running a promo - certain items get an additional 10% or 15% discount when paid for with a Macys charge, in this case 15%. I said, "Thank you very much. Wait until Her Ladyship hears about this!" Bottom line: The $21 or $20 socks ended up costing me $11.04, plus tax.

I immediately went to another desk and remitted the $11.70.

BTW - the clerks told me business is terrible!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.