Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACY'S INCREASE

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

MACY'S INCREASE

Has anyone gotten a automatic Macy's increase lately? I notice they have soft my Equifax twice in the last 6 mths but no increase. Use to get increase every 3 to 4mths until they started the problem if it will be a soft or hard pull. Stuck at 2500. Haven't ask for one because the csr can't decide if its a soft or hard.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MACY'S INCREASE

It's definitely a hard pull.  A word of advice, if the CSR tells you it's a soft pull, she is not telling you the truth.

Beside it's not even worth getting any increase from Macy's because they no longer report CL to the CB, unless you have a VIsa/Amex

Message 2 of 19
CrdtLrnr
New Contributor

I just went through this within the last 10 days.  I was told it is a soft pull.  It was a hard pull on EX.  I called once I discovered the hard inquiry and talked with a supervisor.  She aplogized for the CSR's mistake, but also said the new credit card legislation is the reason they must do hard pulls.  She offered to reverse my CLI and remove the hard pull, or leave the CLI and leave the hard pull.  I opted to have her reverse the CLI and remove the hard pull because, as mentioned above, Macy's doesn't report CLI.  I will take CLIs as they come....or not.

Message 3 of 19
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

That's another reason  why I haven't ask for one because it doesn't matter anymore because they do not report credit line. So if it sits at 2500 that's fine. Does anyone know how much is the apr for the visa?

Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:

That's another reason  why I haven't ask for one because it doesn't matter anymore because they do not report credit line. So if it sits at 2500 that's fine. Does anyone know how much is the apr for the visa?

Last year they raised it to the same as store 24.5%

Message 5 of 19
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Thats not a good apr for a visa! What is the benefit of having the visa?

Message 6 of 19
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

They just gave me another 1000 on a review.

Message 7 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:

Thats not a good apr for a visa! What is the benefit of having the visa?

The rewards are decent if you shop at Macy's a lot

Message 8 of 19
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I do actually shop at Macys alot. Do they send u alot more coupons. What are the rewards? 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elaine829 wrote:

I do actually shop at Macys alot. Do they send u alot more coupons. What are the rewards? 

My Macy's store is at Platinum and I'm inundated with coupons and deals.  More than enough to keep me happy.

However, the Visa Card also had Star Reward Certificates ($10-$25 each; based on 1.5 (Gold) - 3% (Platinum & Elite) of Macy's purchases and 1% of Visa purchases)

Does the Macy's Amex do the Star Reward Certificates as well?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.