Re: MACY'S strikes AGAIN!

The title cracked me up!  LOL

It's come to this for Macy's....

Message 11 of 14
janesmith1979
Valued Member

@danisgods wrote:

Well after requesting 3 times to have my store card upgraded to an AMEX card, and nothing happened (keep in mind you have to wait one billing cycle for each request)

I called again today for the 4th time and they told me the same thing as before "Im sorry Sr. we cant find any requests on our system i will put a request on for you right now" so i asked "what happened to the last 3 requests i put on the account?" But needless to say  as usual i could not understand one single word from the rep.,

so i gave up and asked a final question which was how much my credit limit was, they said they couldn't tell me it, so i asked for a supervisor, he says Macy's has no pre-set limit anymore, and if i had an amount in mind for a purchase i could tell him and would be able to tell me if that would be approved or not, i mean really? Macy's has become the new Orchard Bank for me....Smiley Sad Has it happened to anyone else here?

Wow, this is the first that I've heard about this! I did see that the CL wasn't showing for Macy's on my most recent CRs but I thought it was just a piece of information that wasn't reporting, not that Macy's did away with pre-set CLs!

I guess shopping online is now the way to go to avoid being declined in person at the stores... 

Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, so I got over my laziness and pulled up the thread:

Macy's no longer releasing credit limits to consumers???

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
janesmith1979
Valued Member

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

OK, so I got over my laziness and pulled up the thread:

Macy's no longer releasing credit limits to consumers???

Thanks for posting a link to the other thread!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.