Open123

Re: MACY'S strikes AGAIN!

The title cracked me up!  LOL

It's come to this for Macy's....

Valued Member
janesmith1979

danisgods wrote:

Well after requesting 3 times to have my store card upgraded to an AMEX card, and nothing happened (keep in mind you have to wait one billing cycle for each request)

I called again today for the 4th time and they told me the same thing as before "Im sorry Sr. we cant find any requests on our system i will put a request on for you right now" so i asked "what happened to the last 3 requests i put on the account?" But needless to say  as usual i could not understand one single word from the rep.,

so i gave up and asked a final question which was how much my credit limit was, they said they couldn't tell me it, so i asked for a supervisor, he says Macy's has no pre-set limit anymore, and if i had an amount in mind for a purchase i could tell him and would be able to tell me if that would be approved or not, i mean really? Macy's has become the new Orchard Bank for me....:smileysad: Has it happened to anyone else here?

Wow, this is the first that I've heard about this! I did see that the CL wasn't showing for Macy's on my most recent CRs but I thought it was just a piece of information that wasn't reporting, not that Macy's did away with pre-set CLs!

I guess shopping online is now the way to go to avoid being declined in person at the stores... 

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

OK, so I got over my laziness and pulled up the thread:

Macy's no longer releasing credit limits to consumers???

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Member
janesmith1979

haulingthescoreup wrote:

OK, so I got over my laziness and pulled up the thread:

Macy's no longer releasing credit limits to consumers???

Thanks for posting a link to the other thread!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}