Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACY'S strikes AGAIN!

tag
danisgods
Regular Contributor

MACY'S strikes AGAIN!

Well after requesting 3 times to have my store card upgraded to an AMEX card, and nothing happened (keep in mind you have to wait one billing cycle for each request)

I called again today for the 4th time and they told me the same thing as before "Im sorry Sr. we cant find any requests on our system i will put a request on for you right now" so i asked "what happened to the last 3 requests i put on the account?" But needless to say  as usual i could not understand one single word from the rep.,

so i gave up and asked a final question which was how much my credit limit was, they said they couldn't tell me it, so i asked for a supervisor, he says Macy's has no pre-set limit anymore, and if i had an amount in mind for a purchase i could tell him and would be able to tell me if that would be approved or not, i mean really? Macy's has become the new Orchard Bank for me....Smiley Sad Has it happened to anyone else here?

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
brian2220
Regular Contributor

Re: MACY'S strikes AGAIN!

i had my card for 2.5 years at 100 and called every 3 months after 1 year asking for a credit limit increase and then after 2 years i kept calling for an amex card because i had got approved from chase and citi and still said no and i got rid of them 2 weeks ago.

They are just retarded lol

@haulingthescoreup

i have also known about this and this was another reason i cancelled 

@score_building

i was told it was an account review and or new app 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 2 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Seems like they moved to a psychic CL about a month ago. There were several threads about this, and someone is bound to post a link. (hint, hint)

What amazes me is that customers in line at check-out won't know if they have enough credit to make their purchases until the cashier gives them the bad news in front of everyone standing in line. Visualize shoes and lamps and Charter Club sheet sets and food processors flying through the air toward the cashier, and angry customers stomping out of the store.

All I can figure is that someone's son-in-law got hired for a job in the credit department and decided to make some changes. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

re: amex-reportedly it's a new app., not an upgrade, apply in store.

but yes no limits, etc.- it's how they roll now Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 14
danisgods
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Seems like they moved to a psychic CL about a month ago. There were several threads about this, and someone is bound to post a link. (hint, hint)

What amazes me is that customers in line at check-out won't know if they have enough credit to make their purchases until the cashier gives them the bad news in front of everyone standing in line. Visualize shoes and lamps and Charter Club sheet sets and food processors flying through the air toward the cashier, and angry customers stomping out of the store.

All I can figure is that someone's son-in-law got hired for a job in the credit department and decided to make some changes. Smiley Tongue

Thats what i told the supervisor, and he told me he wants to be as flexible as possible with their customer and that is how they are gonna do it, i did not understand that by any means , so i told him , "ok, thank you ....Smiley Sad"

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL macys credit card services are a BIG joke. They gave me 2000 CLI and after 1 week they reduced it to 390 ... the balance i owed , so i was maxed out. If i had the time and the money i would sue macys big time for what they do to people.

Message 6 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@danisgods wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Thats what i told the supervisor, and he told me he wants to be as flexible as possible with their customer and that is how they are gonna do it, i did not understand that by any means , so i told him , "ok, thank you ....Smiley Sad"

You know, I die a thousand deaths before I ever apply for a CC or loan, and again if I request a CLI. Going through checkout at Macy's will feel exactly like this, even when I have no reason at all to think that I would be declined. Smiley Sad

That decline-at-checkout from Kohl's back in 2007 will live in my memory forever! Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 14
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Why is Macy's Credit department so disorganized? i mean they are big enough to afford it , why do they keep providing **bleep**ty service?

Message 8 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol at the **bleep*ty service Smiley Very Happy

Good question! My guess is that they decided to re-think their credit practices after the big meltdown, and they've now taken "thinking outside the box" WAAAAY too far.

Somehow I think that this latest idea appeared at one of those touchy-feely corporate retreats, complete with trust falls and post-dinner hot tub sessions. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 14
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

i am giveing them a year 

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.