Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACYS CLI????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MACYS CLI????

What is the max CLI that is good to ask for with Macys store card not Amex card...25k.....15k..????

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: MACYS CLI????

I say all depends where you are at the time if your limit is like 300, asking for 25k doesnt seem a bright idea. Theyve been good recently but they still are Citi st the end of the day, offshoot anyway. Ask for 5k at first might be more palatble . Ymmv thoughSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I say all depends where you are at the time if your limit is like 300, asking for 25k doesnt seem a bright idea. Theyve been good recently but they still are Citi st the end of the day, offshoot anyway. Ask for 5k at first might be more palatble . Ymmv thoughSmiley Happy

@I hear ya Joe.....Currently I am @ 4500.00 with Macys. Been with them right at 1 yr..current and always on time. 

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh, yeah, at 4.5, i would ask for 5k increase. If youve been paying on time and well, hopefully theyll give it to you. Always a slight risk could be hp but probably be an sp. Good luck if you go for itSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oh, yeah, at 4.5, i would ask for 5k increase. If youve been paying on time and well, hopefully theyll give it to you. Always a slight risk could be hp but probably be an sp. Good luck if you go for itSmiley Happy

I see....so that would be asking for 9500.00, hmmm.....Not much room for a counter.....Maybe a solid 12k request would be a good number, as they have lots of wiggle room...THANKS JOE

Message 5 of 9
George528
Contributor

I have had a macys card for a couple of years and  it started at like 1k and is now at 15k after I just requested a CLI a couple of days ago.  I had a Citi AA card and they would not go over 5300 on that card and I closed it because I was frustrated with them.  It makes no sense to me that I can get 15k on a macys card and only 5300 on a MC with  them.    

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It seems irs always harder to get big cli on nonstore cards than actual store card. I guess they figure if they give you big cl you have to spend it in store whereas a mc or visa or amex, you arent obligated to.
Message 7 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty sure 25k is the max on the store card without income verification.  I was at $12k and requested a CLI to $20k which was approved.  About a month later I requested $25k and was approved, but anything over they said they wanted income verification.

Message 8 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I'm pretty sure 25k is the max on the store card without income verification.  I was at $12k and requested a CLI to $20k which was approved.  About a month later I requested $25k and was approved, but anything over they said they wanted income verification.

I doubt over $25k requires income verification... mine's currently at $27k and I was never asked for POI at anytime. Matter of fact, few days ago I requested a CLI to $35k and was informed for that amount a HP will be required which I declined (again no POI was ever mentioned). However, they kinda grilled me why I wanted $35k and then I was told to go in store and have an associate call in then at that point they will review my account for a possible increase. FWIW, the AMEX side of the card is currently at $11,500 which was a SP I got that same day. Have had the card for 3yrs started at $5k and $1500 respectively 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.