Not applicable

Re: MACYS CLI!!

Was it a Hard or a Soft Pull??
Message 12 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hi DBrock and welcome to the forums

They pretty much look at your account and not your credit report.

It is usually  an automatic GLI after 3 months.

hope this helps and keep us updated if you try to get one

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Bloomingdales do the same GLI automatically like Macy's?  I see they are both handled by Citi.

Message 14 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Pappy214 wrote:

Does Bloomingdales do the same GLI automatically like Macy's?  I see they are both handled by Citi.

Exactly the same. I'll call both on the same day.
Message 15 of 18
jrbell10

Congrats on the CLI!

I had something weird happen with my Macy's card. I JUST got the card less than 30 days ago with a $300 CL. I called yesterday to find out what my balance was and they had doubled my credit limit in less than 30 days. HA! I'm gonna keep my mouth SHUT about it. Smiley Very Happy Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Message 16 of 18
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@jrbell10 wrote:

Congrats on the CLI!

I had something weird happen with my Macy's card. I JUST got the card less than 30 days ago with a $300 CL. I called yesterday to find out what my balance was and they had doubled my credit limit in less than 30 days. HA! I'm gonna keep my mouth SHUT about it. Smiley Very Happy Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Yes, I got my card in April of this year and a starting CL of $400. I checked my fico scores and reports in May and it was increased to $600. So $200 in 30 days, I was suprised, but not complaining.

ETA: I made one small purchase online with the card and paid it off as soon as it showed up online.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 17 of 18
jrbell10

That's what I did. I made a hundred dollar purchase and paid it off in two payments - basically within about 2 weeks. I think it has to do with their billing cycles. Jan, Feb, March (cycle 1) April, May, June (Cycle 2). I was given my increase in June AND I actually have blank statements for April and May showing up in my account. So we can hopefully expect another one in September. Smiley Very Happy I LOVE MACY'S!!!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.