cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACYS closing due to inactivity? Anyone?

tag
goosedog
Regular Contributor

MACYS closing due to inactivity? Anyone?

I have bloomningdale and Macys card i got a couple of months ago. used them both once, and PIF before statements cut. Does anyone know how long i can go without using either card before they close them for inactivitiy? I don't really shop there, just got them for credit rebuilding mainly to report a line of credit at the time i went on my app spree.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: MACYS closing due to inactivity? Anyone?

You'd be safe within 1 yr. I've had mine since March and have used it twice- PIF
Message 2 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

I have bloomningdale and Macys card i got a couple of months ago. used them both once, and PIF before statements cut. Does anyone know how long i can go without using either card before they close them for inactivitiy? I don't really shop there, just got them for credit rebuilding mainly to report a line of credit at the time i went on my app spree.

Macys and Bloomingdales close accounts after 1 year of inactivity.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Macys hasn't closed mine yet but that's probably b/c I recently asked for a CLI this year. I haven't used this card since July 2012. I rarely shop at Macys anymore.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

ive gone 6 months without use. have had it for about 2.5 years

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 11
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I sometimes go 6-9 months between purchases.  As a guy who doesn't really like clothes shopping I tend to buy things in bulk and only when absolutely necessary Smiley Tongue.

I usually wait until they mail the star rewards passes.  Once you factor those in prices are very competitive and often lower than Amazon and other stores.

Message 6 of 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

I sometimes go 6-9 months between purchases.  As a guy who doesn't really like clothes shopping I tend to buy things in bulk and only when absolutely necessary Smiley Tongue.

I usually wait until they mail the star rewards passes.  Once you factor those in prices are very competitive and often lower than Amazon and other stores.

even without the passes, the store usually offers 15-20% and then the clerk scans an additional 15-30% for using the macys card. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@Brusilov wrote:

even without the passes, the store usually offers 15-20% and then the clerk scans an additional 15-30% for using the macys card. 

And you can PIF right at the counter without having to wait for the statement...DISCOUNTS! lol

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 11
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I have a express store card that was opened in 09 and last activity reported was 2011
i haven't used it until this past month only because i found out that my acct was still open and might as well put some purchases on it to keep it from closing and report to the CR

opened Gap card may 2012 and started using it recently

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 9 of 11
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I live in a city with out a Macy's(so dumb we have a Nodstromes, Sak's, Dillards) but its one of my favorite clothing stores so when I am visiting other cities I shop there. Unfortunately the last time I was by a Macys and actually needed something was over a year ago, I just had my girlfriend buy some shoes online to make sure the account stays open. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.