Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACYS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MACYS

Humm Carsalesman..the bulb went off for me too...Smiley Happy I was wondering why I was receiving offers from Citi..b/c I have a public record w/ them back in 1999 for about $900 and thought they would ban me forever. Does anyone know if the blacklist? I do need a major credit card and would like to apply but I'm nervous if the public record will hurt me....than I rather not.

Note: its still on all credit reports except EQ( not sure why)
Message 11 of 26
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Speaking of Macys, I received my Macys Plat card today!  (Unexpected Flexing!!!)

I hope Citi gets wind of my super-credit-powers soon and sends me some serious pre-approval love.

If I ever lose this TL I'm screwed..  "Cardholder since 1990" has a nice ring to it!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Peas! Stepping up in the world. I still have the red card.

How'd you get the platinum? Spend a ton of money there?
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Speaking of Macys, I received my Macys Plat card today!  (Unexpected Flexing!!!)

I hope Citi gets wind of my super-credit-powers soon and sends me some serious pre-approval love.

If I ever lose this TL I'm screwed..  "Cardholder since 1990" has a nice ring to it!

LOL!! Thought I was a Macy-a-holic...100.00 away.  You've spent a grand since January...lol!!!

Message 14 of 26
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Ladies, ladies, ladies...

I once read that Macys calendar is more like a fiscal year calendar, not calendar year.  (If that makes sense.)

• I went nuts at Christmas and bought everyone the Peppermint/Candy Cane Frango mints.  (*I* still have an unopened box for myself!)  Transaction about 350 bucks.
  • I bought a ginormous Dooney Bag for my cruise last year.  Another 300 bucks.
  • I bought a bunch of clothes online last fall.  Another 400 bucks.

See how easy that was??  Smiley Happy

I have no desire to get to Elite status, lol.  (However I wouldn't kick a Plat Visa out of bed for eating crackers at this time.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!! I called cause I wanted my Plat since I jsut opened the account in Oct and knew I had surpassed it.  I was told it started over at the beginning of every year by the sales person. 
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

What CL's do Macy's usually start off cardholder's with??
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was 800.00 in Oct but bumped to double in Jan.  called em up and told them I had some serious shopping to do...lol!! As if I hadn't been seriously shopping before.

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-20-2008 06:17 PM
Message 18 of 26
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:
LOL!! I called cause I wanted my Plat since I jsut opened the account in Oct and knew I had surpassed it.  I was told it started over at the beginning of every year by the sales person. 

Weird.  I got upgraded to Plat in Feb and didn't use the card after mid Nov.  Perhaps it is the 'real' calendar - Hmmm....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are these Platinum upgrades Visa cards???
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.