Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAZUMA credit union...seems like a fun place

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: MAZUMA credit union...seems like a fun place

HUGE LIMITS!!!!! go get them folks! lol

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slim1Der wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

So... I live in a subburb of Kansas City, and saw this huge nice new building on the side that said Mazuma credit union!! Mmmmm, my interest peaked, did a little digging and found out that its a KC born credit union and been here since 1948??? They relocated their home offices to right down the street from where I live. 

They offer very simple banking, loans and 2 CC's...visa plat and visa plat secured, that's it.  They do all their own financing and approving locally. Everything is very basic, but when I did more research on google found out they have a lot of members, and over 100 employees working for them. I'm gonna go in the bank next week and really inquire about a few things just because...Smiley Wink

Please don't make this the new NASA.

Needed a good laugh on this Monday morning. I'm cracking up!

Kudos if it made you laugh Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 39
myesha87
Contributor

They pull TU only! 

Message 33 of 39
chalupaman
Super Contributor

They really do have a unique way of adveritisng themselves. Not sure if I'd want anything from them though. How are their CLs generally?

And looks like of course I wouldn't qualify for a membership.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 34 of 39
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Anyone got their account fully set up yet? 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 35 of 39
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I actually AM eligible for membership, and am debating talking to them next month.  (December)

Please do keep us posted and let us know what you think.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 36 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

There are n-zillion (technical term) CUs around.   Why this one?   IMO, a shiny new building isn't a good sign, they should be retruning great rewards to their members and the offices should be like a run-down trailer park (apart from the nice computers)

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

There are n-zillion (technical term) CUs around.   Why this one?   IMO, a shiny new building isn't a good sign, they should be retruning great rewards to their members and the offices should be like a run-down trailer park (apart from the nice computers)

you just described every patelco and safeamerica credit union Smiley LOL

Message 38 of 39
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Currently, they've got some pretty clever advertising on the television around here.

I'm sure that there are other CU's around with similiar benefits, but without the advertising, we just don't know about them. 

CACU has been GREAT to me, but outside of the Kansas City metro area, no one has heard of them.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.