Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MERGING NASA THREADS

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

MERGING NASA THREADS

ITS FUNNY PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT SO MANY NASA THREADS WHEN I HAVE SEEN 100'S OF AMEX THREADS THAT AL SAY THE SAME THING BASICALLY....

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
d170
Regular Contributor

Re: MERGING NASA THREADS

I had to sign in just to give you a kudos. Sorry for the immaturity but, I totally agree with you bRobot Happy

@juggalo9er wrote:

ITS FUNNY PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT SO MANY NASA THREADS WHEN I HAVE SEEN 100'S OF AMEX THREADS THAT AL SAY THE SAME THING BASICALLY....

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 2 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

The difference is timeframe.   Yes, many (many many) threads are repeated here, apart from Amex we have the Cap One EO email favorite.   Basically looks like there are a small number of possible questions here! 

But with Nasa, lots of threads created in a few days, really crowding out most other things (the first two pages in my display were about 50% Nasa-related).  Citi Double Cash spawned a whole lot of posts, but mainly in one thread.

Message 3 of 14
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

The difference is timeframe.   Yes, many (many many) threads are repeated here, apart from Amex we have the Cap One EO email favorite.   Basically looks like there are a small number of possible questions here! 

But with Nasa, lots of threads created in a few days, really crowding out most other things (the first two pages in my display were about 50% Nasa-related).  Citi Double Cash spawned a whole lot of posts, but mainly in one thread.

Precisely. It's the timeframe and deluge of threads that causes the annoyance on the forums. Especially when half of the threads are "what's happening with NASA" and the others are "I applied, it said this, now what?" when both questions could be answered if people read the other threads first. Unfortunately, in pandemonium, everyone wants their message to be seen/read/replied to so they create new threads...which causes even more issues.

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other thing about merging threads, as a reader you may have posted the info I needed but there were several threads and I did not get to read your post and either moved on or started another thread on the same subject.
Message 5 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I'd be the first to admit that moderators blow it sometimes, but Lexie was spot on with this one.  Wish I'd had the presense of mind to think of doing that: I was leaving them everywhere hoping that people would get the point and stop posting more... unfortunately that was a bad theory as it only reached the people who were already posting in the current threads anyway (see, moderator blowing it).  Live and learn, and it got addressed, and it's a trick I'll personally steal if we get a similar circumstance in the future.

The visual difference is night and day even on a browser, and I imagine it would've had more impact on a mobile device.  

If you have a better way of addressing it in the future, we'd be happy to hear about it.  As correctly mentioned by others, the Citi Diamond, Duck/Beaver cards, and the other iterations were usually confined to a few threads and we did create the Amex 3X CLI thread which solved a lot of the older Amex spam issues but I haven't been paying attention to see if it's still effective or not.  For that matter we're always willing to accept feedback to improve the forums.

If NASA isn't simply FOTM after we reach some steady state with the post volume, it'd be a perfect candidate for a more FAQ-style post if anyone wishes to take it on; however, that takes time to do well, and that is a luxury we didn't have yesterday.

        
Message 6 of 14
patrick00032001
Regular Contributor

I consider myself the "new kid in town" so to speak, so I tread lightly when it comes to giving my 2 cents on various posts that I see here, I come from Finance Globe originally so this is all semi foreign to me, but what I will say is this, I saw the writing on the wall with NASA FCU, I too was one who applied with them months back and was declined for too many new accounts and inquires, and even though I feft my income and score and payment history warranted an approval, the reality is, they dont know me, they just see a credit bureau, when your underwriting loans, you look at various levels of risk, just because certain parts of the puzzle fit, doesnt mean all aspects of if will, I can understand the rush people feel when they get approved for something, but you need to ask yourself this, do I really need this new trade? Or am I just looking for a fix? I have more than enough credit, in fact I have almost $400,000.00 in unsecured available to me at any given moment, that in its self should wake me up and make me realize that maybe its time to stop, streamline what I have, and garden until dooms day! I wont set here and pick anyone apart for doing what I have been guilty of myself, but I also wont feel bad for those who keep playing the game, knowing what the stakes are, only to be upset when things dont fall in their favor. Much like I have warned with DCU in the past, Nasa is doing the same thing, when they see unusual amounts of applications coming in, and from various parts of the country where they know their not marketing in, Im sure this concerns them, hence, why they are taking such a harder look before they put their stamp on it. At the end of the day, its just business, and who knows? Perhaps their doing everyone involved a favor by saying NO! He who holds the gold, has the say, and looks like Nasa has the last word on each and everyone of their applications.

Discover IT $32,500, Chase Freedom $1,000.00, Sears Mastercard $10,000, Wal-Mart DC $10,000.00, Kohl's $3,000.00, Chase Slate $52,000.00, 3 Rivers FCU Platinum Mastercard $25,000.00, IU Credit Union $25,000.00, Penfed LOC $25,000.00, Fort Financial CU $15,000.00, Home Depot $22,000.00, Lowe's $20,000.00, Penfed Power Cash Rewards $25,000.00, PenFed Travel Amex $25,000.00, Value City Furniture $10,000.00, PNC Points Visa Signature $15,000.00, GM Buy Power card $5,000.00, BOA 123 Visa Siggy, $62,000.00, Citi DC $15,000.00, GM Extended Family $3,000.00, Fire, Police, City, County, FCU $10,000.00, TU 791, Eq 765, Exp 772

Message 7 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@juggalo9er wrote:

Honestly this was over the top though.  Truck loads of threads over 1-2 days asking the same questions;  How do I apply?  Is Nasa BK friendly?  etc...  Every other credit related topic was lost in the mess.  Search is your friend Smiley Happy

I think the mods did a nice job getting the threads consolidated and cleaned up.

Message 8 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Honestly this was over the top though.  Truck loads of threads over 1-2 days asking the same questions;  How do I apply?  Is Nasa BK friendly?  etc...  Every other credit related topic was lost in the mess.  Search is your friend Smiley Happy

I think the mods did a nice job getting the threads consolidated and cleaned up.

+1.   It was overwhelming and I'm glad moves were made.   There are lots of "what does AMEX like" and "will AMEX FR me if..." and "PM me the Cap One EO info" threads, but they didn't seem as visceral as NASA.   Even the Duck/Beaver stampede didn't seem this bad.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 14
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

I agree with you. I post and someone comes after me to dump my thread somewhere else and it can not be found.

What's up with these MODs or Admins..

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.