Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGM Resorts Mlife card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MGM Resorts Mlife card

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, thank you! There's a post over at Tripadvisor Las Vegas Forum: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k9879606-o20-Mlife_Mastercard_vs_Hyatt_Credit_Card-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html and we were discussing the same thing. Hyatt's CC beats Mlife's, even at their own MGM Resorts! The two free nights can even be used for category 7 like Park Hyatt in NYC! Mlife's card only gives you Pearl whereas Hyatt gives you Gold. Also, like you mentioned, Hyatt's card will let you upgrade to a better room if there's availability. Hyatt just beats Mlife all around, plus Mlife is good only for Vegas...

The question now is, can I get approved for both a Chase Sapphire and a Chase Hyatt? Or maybe, since Hyatt will give me hotel nights, I should choose an Airline CC instead of Chase Sapphire! I know an airline branded card will give me better benefits with that airline rather that a CSP.

Well the Hyatt does not fall under the 5/24 rule so you should apply for the Sapphire first. Have you tried to see if you pre-qualify either on their website or in a branch for the Sapphire?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse my ignorance, what's the 5/24 rule?

Their pre-qualify site is not working for many people (including me), there was a thread here on that issue. And the issue was also posted on reddit. I didn't know they could tell me if I'm pre-qualified at thier branch, I'll try.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, what's the 5/24 rule?

Their pre-qualify site is not working for many people (including me), there was a thread here on that issue. And the issue was also posted on reddit. I didn't know they could tell me if I'm pre-qualified at thier branch, I'll try.

The 5/24 rule is you can't have opened 5 new accounts in the last 24 months in order to be approved for certain Chase cards. Some of the cards that fall under this rule are the Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, Freedom Unlimited, Freedom, Southwest, Marriott. Some people have been able to by pass this rule by going to a Chase branch.

Message 13 of 15
negg
Frequent Contributor

Don't waste your time with this card. Hyatt is a much better card.  The 10,000 points they claim you will get is NOT tier points. It's $100 in free play at the slots.  I personally had high hopes for this card as MGM is my home away from home. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, yeah I will apply for the Hyatt, it's much better.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.