Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MINI App Spree

tag
jdeleon
Established Member

Re: MINI App Spree

@CashOnDelivery wrote:
OP, nice AMEX and the Freedom limit. You have 3 nice cards and limits. Don't app anymore and let these accounts age.

Thanks, i dont plan on applying for a very long while. think im set for now.

@myjourney wrote:
Congrats pretty good spree

Thanks!

Message 11 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 27
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@jdeleon wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Congrats and sounds like your doing great so far.

Next CLI Capital One

CLI CareCredit. (try for SP and if it's going to be a HP and you use the card then go for it... if it's done and you just keep it then don't proceed if they won't give you something on SP... BTW it counters, ask high.... like $3k+

Thanks, I will certainly be calling Cap One Monday for an CLI. Do you know if they do a HP or SP? how easy are they for CLI's? And who should i ask high for, Care Credit? That card would be nice to have a higher limit on as its for my dog and everyone knows one vet bill could be MAJOR.

@zeusta20 wrote:

You're doing great! I don't think there's one way to follow this path of "amazing credit". The fact that you have revolvers and an auto loan, and have never been late, is a very great history to have. I'm a 22 year old male as well...(Turning 23 in 7 days). I too have never had any lates, over limit, charge offs, etc. I have 7 CC's so far. 6 of which are all revolving, and one that is a charge card (my amex). Do I have more credit cards than I was expecting to get? YES! But regardless, I still use them wisely. I still am not late.

So whatever DOUBTS other people are giving you, don't pay it any mind. At first, I thought it was bad to have more than a certain amount of CC's, but this site CLEARLY proved that theory wrong. I've seen people with 15 CC's and their fico scores are in the 800's. So just keep doing what you're doing.

BTW, Getting your foot in the door with amex is always a good thing!

Congrats on the approvals!

Thanks, good to hear from someone the same age. Oh, and just by looking at your sig and this forum i got the itch......i applied for the Chase Freedom and got approved for $4500 CL. Im done now lol

@CashOnDelivery wrote:
Congrats! Call the AMEX new accounts number to find out about your limit, it's automated

Do you happen to have the number? i called one and i entered the info and it said it could not find anything, maybe because its only been ~ 2hours? Smiley Tongue

HAHAHA! Well Congrats! Glad my sig was able to help! HAHA.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 13 of 27
knoregs
Established Contributor

@jdeleon wrote:

I have just applied for:

Discover IT: Approved $2,500 CL

AmEx BCE: Approved $7,500 CL <--Wasn't expecting such a big number at all

Got the ITCH and did one more

Chase Freedom: APPROVED $4500 CL

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 14 of 27
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Congrats on BCE CL.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 15 of 27
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

You're doing great! I don't think there's one way to follow this path of "amazing credit". The fact that you have revolvers and an auto loan, and have never been late, is a very great history to have. I'm a 22 year old male as well...(Turning 23 in 7 days). I too have never had any lates, over limit, charge offs, etc. I have 7 CC's so far. 6 of which are all revolving, and one that is a charge card (my amex). Do I have more credit cards than I was expecting to get? YES! But regardless, I still use them wisely. I still am not late.

So whatever DOUBTS other people are giving you, don't pay it any mind. At first, I thought it was bad to have more than a certain amount of CC's, but this site CLEARLY proved that theory wrong. I've seen people with 15 CC's and their fico scores are in the 800's. So just keep doing what you're doing.

I cannot agree more. I just turned 23 and apped for my two final cards for the next two-three years (I figure I will buy a house soon after law school graduation). My boyfriend and peers are always very "interested" when they see that I have four cards in my wallet. The truth is though, every card is paid off more than three times a month (I only let 2-5% balance show) and I have a system of knowing what I use for each card.

Credit cards are nothing to be scare of if you can control it. I can definitely see how some people see that "Oh I have $17k in credit to spend! This last toy won't matter so much in the long run because I can pay the minimum, etc." Fortunatley, it looks like we have this control, and our points (if you have rewards cards), future auto loans/mortgages, and credit score will benefit from our cards in the long run.

Message 16 of 27
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Those are great cards. Enjoy.

Personally, I never get stressed out about new HPs when applying for new credit. In order to get new credit you're going to get a new HP. Just the name of the game.
Message 17 of 27
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

I cannot agree more. I just turned 23 and apped for my two final cards for the next two-three years (I figure I will buy a house soon after law school graduation). My boyfriend and peers are always very "interested" when they see that I have four cards in my wallet. The truth is though, every card is paid off more than three times a month (I only let 2-5% balance show) and I have a system of knowing what I use for each card.

Credit cards are nothing to be scare of if you can control it. I can definitely see how some people see that "Oh I have $17k in credit to spend! This last toy won't matter so much in the long run because I can pay the minimum, etc." Fortunatley, it looks like we have this control, and our points (if you have rewards cards), future auto loans/mortgages, and credit score will benefit from our cards in the long run.

Right...There's just certain cards that are better for certain things. I work at a bank, and when certain customers hear that I have 6 (now 7) CC's, they automatically think i'm in thousand and thousands of dollars in debt. BUT, thats where I educate them from the stuff i've learned here! lol I've even referred some of my customers to this site. Mostly the younger ones who are just now building credit. I pray to GOD I NEVER have to use the 30k CL that I have available to me. I can't ever imagine being in that much credit card debt. :-/

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 18 of 27
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

zeusta20 wrote:

Right...There's just certain cards that are better for certain things. I work at a bank, and when certain customers hear that I have 6 (now 7) CC's, they automatically think i'm in thousand and thousands of dollars in debt. BUT, thats where I educate them from the stuff i've learned here! lol I've even referred some of my customers to this site. Mostly the younger ones who are just now building credit. I pray to GOD I NEVER have to use the 30k CL that I have available to me. I can't ever imagine being in that much credit card debt. :-/

I hate the thinking that having credit cards automatically = being in debt. That's really old-school thinking and it really rubs me the wrong way. People don't realize how beneficial it is to use credit cards for everyday expenses and then PIF.

Message 19 of 27
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@Dubious wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

I hate the thinking that having credit cards automatically = being in debt. That's really old-school thinking and it really rubs me the wrong way. People don't realize how beneficial it is to use credit cards for everyday expenses and then PIF.

I know! It does irritate me a little bit when people start thinking that, but I get over it. Obviously they're not educated enough about the use of credit. Not saying they're ignorant, because I wouldn't go far and say that, but their opinions are just false when it comes to that particular topic on credit.

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.