Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MINT.COM IS AWESOME!!

tag
taggl00
Valued Member

Re: MINT.COM IS AWESOME!!

wow...i just checked out mint....why didnt i find this sooner!!!!

the good news is i am starting this on 12/31/11, so i can see my entire year for 2012.

i imported all my credit cards, checking accounts, and even my deferred comp.

only my ING account didnt go, as i believe they are usually in maintanance mode at 5am.

this site shows when my bills are due and i can see all my transactions in 1 spot.

thanks for this site!

Message 31 of 39
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:
I looked at MINT last night and I'm also nervous about allowing access to my accounts. So like the previous post said, how safe is it? I know mint says 128 bla bla.

CS800,

I have to tell you that there Mint is one of the reasons why I have good credit. It helps me with my budget but, at the same time, it allows me to track my spending thus allowing me to modify my behaviour towards it. I will highly recommend you to use it. Also, it is very secure and it's one of the few companies that doesn't sell your information to third parties. I track every single one of my accounts with them, even student loans, and, like with this forum, there advice is right on point.

give it a shot.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 32 of 39
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@taggl00 wrote:

wow...i just checked out mint....why didnt i find this sooner!!!!

the good news is i am starting this on 12/31/11, so i can see my entire year for 2012.

i imported all my credit cards, checking accounts, and even my deferred comp.

only my ING account didnt go, as i believe they are usually in maintanance mode at 5am.

this site shows when my bills are due and i can see all my transactions in 1 spot.

thanks for this site!

I know. I'e been using it for over two years and I really like. It makes my life so much easier. I get my payment notifications, account balance of all my accounts, speding tracker, budgets, etc. Glad you like it too.

One more thing, they also have very good offers.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 33 of 39
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I prefer pageonce.com  I haven't used mint in years so it may have changed.  What I like about pageonce is I have litterally every thing. On top of your usual credit cards, loans, and bank accounts I also have my cell phone bill, car insurance, etc.  Only thing I don't have is my water bill.  The iOS apps are nice and the ability to make payments through them is super conveneint.  I'm a huge pageonce fan.

Message 34 of 39
john398
Senior Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I prefer pageonce.com  I haven't used mint in years so it may have changed.  What I like about pageonce is I have litterally every thing. On top of your usual credit cards, loans, and bank accounts I also have my cell phone bill, car insurance, etc.  Only thing I don't have is my water bill.  The iOS apps are nice and the ability to make payments through them is super conveneint.  I'm a huge pageonce fan.

Seems like it cant handle each city's system it also doesnt like my co-op power billing unless they fixed it

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

The slow updates / postings is on the banks side, not Mints.

I had BoA for a few years, and Mint would be 'slow' to update, showing me have more money in checking than I did, not showing purchases for a couple of days sometimes..  Switched to USAA, and it's instatanious.  I spend money, hit refresh on Mint, and it shows everything updated.

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The slow updates / postings is on the banks side, not Mints.

Switched to USAA, and it's instatanious.  I spend money, hit refresh on Mint, and it shows everything updated.

I had trouble just this morning with mint.com connecting to USAA --- AGAIN!!! 

You must be living right! Smiley Happy 

Message 37 of 39
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

One big problem with Mint (if this applies to you) is that they don't handle any GECRB cards.

Mega Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

One big problem with Mint (if this applies to you) is that they don't handle any GECRB cards.

+1

Have they fixed this yet?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.