Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML Cards are closing at the end of OCT

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ML Cards are closing at the end of OCT

It's the partnership that jsucool76 mentioned upthread - World Wildlife Fund.
Message 11 of 26
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

I did not receive any notifications of the card closing. However, they did send a small colored booklet introducing the new travel benefit of $200 travel credit yearly when you spend $50,000 or more each year on the card. I know they cut off the Total Merrill Cash Back card last year or the year before, but the Merrill + is still listed on their website. Hopefully, it was a mistake and this card will be around because I just got it and I already have the BoA cash back card.

Message 12 of 26
nicsenn
Established Member

@TitaniumCash wrote:

I did not receive any notifications of the card closing. However, they did send a small colored booklet introducing the new travel benefit of $200 travel credit yearly when you spend $50,000 or more each year on the card. I know they cut off the Total Merrill Cash Back card last year or the year before, but the Merrill + is still listed on their website. Hopefully, it was a mistake and this card will be around because I just got it and I already have the BoA cash back card.

+1

I forgot to add that I also received the booklet with the added travel benefit, although I do not spend $50K+ on the card each year. Smiley Sad Maybe if all of us will the Merrill+ to stay alive and well, it will? It sounds like only OP received this letter (and I am sorry to hear that) so fingers crossed it was only a mistake.

By the way, I'm new to posting in the forums. You guys are awesome and I've learned quite a lot reading through these threads. Thanks so much for all the help, whether you knew you were helping me or not!

Message 13 of 26
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
I haven't received any notices or any information regarding the discontinuation of the ML+ card either.

I definitely wouldn't have the need for a 3rd Cash Rewards card since I already have 2 - Platinum Privileges VS (which is still alive and well) and the WWF affinity WMC.

World Wrestling Federation has its own credit card?

Odd enough, the World Wild Fund for Nature sued the World Wrestling Federation over their use of WWF.   This is why the latter became the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 26
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@TitaniumCash wrote:

+1.  Got the same thing, 2 days after receiving my new Merrill + card with a 11/2018 expiration.  They also slightly redesigned the card, to have a blue hue on the right side of the card that blends to the black that is predominant.

Message 15 of 26
swpopham
Established Contributor

ill take a picture of the letter when I get home on Saturday, but this is what I dug up online so far:

ML Closing

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@swpopham wrote:

ill take a picture of the letter when I get home on Saturday, but this is what I dug up online so far:

ML Closing

That article is 2 years old and is talking about ML becoming apart of BofA. ML isn't going anywhere and neither is the ML+ CC.

Message 17 of 26
swpopham
Established Contributor

ml_Page_1.jpgml_Page_2.jpgml_Page_3.jpgml_Page_4.jpg

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 18 of 26
swpopham
Established Contributor

sorry I had to hack these so bad, but I couldnt reduce the size any other way!

Message 19 of 26
Sharingan
Established Contributor

.... And what exactly does a letter regarding the Total Merrill Cash Back card have to do with the Merrill+? In your original post, you mentioned that Merrill+ cards are becoming BoA Cash Rewards cards. That's not what your letter says. Merrill+ is a different product.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.