cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML Visa Signature - Do I need to be a Merrill Lynch customer to apply?

tag
artvandalay
Established Member

ML Visa Signature - Do I need to be a Merrill Lynch customer to apply?

Looking on their website, I can't find an apply button! I am a BofA customer but not a ML customer. Anyone know if I can apply?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Re: ML Visa Signature - Do I need to be a Merrill Lynch customer to apply?

I just got the Merrill+ and I don't bank there. It's weird you have to call in to apply for the card and after you do they transfer you to a credit analyst right away. I just called the Bank of America number. Of course that was me and YMMV

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 2 of 3
artvandalay
Established Member

Re: ML Visa Signature - Do I need to be a Merrill Lynch customer to apply?

Cool - thanks! I just called and was approved for 7k. If I wasn't mistaken, I sensed I could've asked for a higher limit. When she excused herself to "review my file" she said she'd would put me on a brief hold to see about increasing...errr approving this application.

Then when she gets back on the line and tells me I'm approved, she kept asking if there was anything else she could do and more or less if I was pleased with the approval guidelines.

For me, 7k is plenty and in line with other cards. I'll show them several quarters of good usage and payments before I ask for me. Thanks for the info tho!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.