Re: MORE GOOD NFCU NEWS!!

Good things happen for good people!!

CongratsSmiley Wink

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I wish I new the secret. Smiley Sad

I was just denied the platinum mastercard on 07/07/09 with NFCU. My EQ is 665. No boddies in the past three years. One late 30 day on Sallie Mae on 03/06. Other than that nothing. :smileymad:

Reason for decline: Unsatisfactory Credit Experience with Other Creditors...

They did not even offer a starting CC, say maybe a CL of $1000. :smileymad:

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can take the denial, go to a branch and make a secured card from it.  I know that isn't what you wanted, but will keep you from wasting the hard pull.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can take the denial, go to a branch and make a secured card from it.  I know that isn't what you wanted, but will keep you from wasting the hard pull.

Yea I suppose, but I live in Kentucky no local branch around here. Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call and apply for the secured cc over the phone. I applied online and was declined for the nrewards and then called and asked about the secured cc. They also said the secured cc is guaranteed as long as you have the $500 minimum to place into the savings account.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just denied the platinum mastercard on 07/07/09 with NFCU. My EQ is 665. No boddies in the past three years. One late 30 day on Sallie Mae on 03/06. Other than that nothing. :smileymad:

With no other information given it is hard for anyone here to give you any advice. Credit scores are huge for credit cards, but there are other factors.

Do you have existing active TLs and how old are they? Their utilization/limit/history?

Also, although I know you stated their given reason for decline, BUT:

NFCU is very employment dependent on granting credit lines. In general:

If you are Active duty but have less than 1 year to go on your contract, without a re-enlistment, they will not extend new credit.

If you are a member but have less than 1 year at your current job, they will not extend new credit.

If you are part time and/or student they are very cautious about extending you any credit.

Message Edited by usmc58555 on 07-31-2009 09:20 AM
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With no other information given it is hard for anyone here to give you any advice. Credit scores are huge for credit cards, but there are other factors.

Do you have existing active TLs and how old are they? Their utilization/limit/history?

If you are Active duty but have less than 1 year to go on your contract, without a re-enlistment, they will not extend new credit.

If you are a member but have less than 1 year at your current job, they will not extend new credit.

If you are part time and/or student they are very cautious about extending you any credit.

I have been at my job for 13 years. Conductor for CSX.

Mortgage - three years old

One auto loan three years old.

One CC, Orchard six years old. (Hense why I applied for a CC with NFCU)

- Balance on $1500 CL = $348 - paid it down to $48 before todays reporting. 

Three student loans since 2002. - Loan (1) $558, Loan (2) $558, Loan (3) $6500 - owing

EQ Fico 665

I did call and recon. The CSR simply said to contact EQ to clear up any issue I might have on my credt report. No other information from the guy. I apologize. I did not mean to hijack this thread. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by 2l8iwin on 07-31-2009 02:43 PM
Message 17 of 26
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been at my job for 13 years. Conductor for CSX.

Mortgage - three years old

One auto loan three years old.

One CC, Orchard six years old. (Hense why I applied for a CC with NFCU)

- Balance on $1500 CL = $348 - paid it down to $48 before todays reporting. 

Three student loans since 2002. - Loan (1) $558, Loan (2) $558, Loan (3) $6500 - owing

EQ Fico 665

I did call and recon. The CSR simply said to contact EQ to clear up any issue I might have on my credt report. No other information from the guy. I apologize. I did not mean to hijack this thread. Smiley Happy

It looks to me that they don't really want to be only your second CC.  Get another CC and apply again in six months or see if they will give you a secured card.  Good luck!
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 18 of 26
rom828
Established Contributor

218, sounds like there be something you're not aware of on your EQ report.

Have you looked at your EQ report lately?!  Could be an error, or something old from the past that's been illegally inserted.....any number of things. 

Your overall 'picture' just doesnt seem that bad to me, which makes me think there must be something else on that report!

If nothing else is on it, then it must be that you don't have other CCs like pattycake suggested, so your experience is 'unsatisfactory".

Good luck and keep us posted!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rom828 wrote:

218, sounds like there be something you're not aware of on your EQ report.

Have you looked at your EQ report lately?!  Could be an error, or something old from the past that's been illegally inserted.....any number of things. 

Your overall 'picture' just doesnt seem that bad to me, which makes me think there must be something else on that report!

If nothing else is on it, then it must be that you don't have other CCs like pattycake suggested, so your experience is 'unsatisfactory".

Good luck and keep us posted!!

As a matter of fact when I was declined I ordered my EQ report and received it today. There were two more lates I did not know I had. However they were in 08/06 as well. All te lates were on my student loans oddly enough. Even still nothing in over 3 years. It must be the CC hurting me. I don't see anything else. I guess the secured card is my best option that way I can show NFCU my credit worthiness. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.